Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 939517 times)

Online Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #7660 on: August 06, 2019, 03:40:08 pm »
Puppies are all cute.
That's why we put up with the poop and the pee and the bite marks on the furniture until we get them sorted for living with humans... ::)

Mr Z, I get a trigger thumb on the right hand on occasion so I know what you're feeling.
My orthopod injected junk into the base near the wrist and it was gone, but I feel it returning.
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Online Blou Zebu

• Alika voalohoany eto i'Madagasikara
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Justice, mercy and humble obedience.
« Reply #7661 on: August 06, 2019, 04:45:58 pm »
@BigEd - these pics were taken the day we got Maggie. She was 7 weeks old. She's come a long way in nearly 11 years!

We got her from an advert in the Junk Mail, she was advertised as "Jack Russell type dog." We paid R100 for her.  ;D

Somewhere I also have Sammy's adoption day picture, he was 3 months old when we got him from Wet Nose in Pretoria.
that is a dead give-away. BUT if the mom is a dog and the dad is a dog and you are dog people, any dog is purebred love.
XT 350 STOLEN!!!!
DR650SE 2006 Ek en die Dominee gaan orals!

Let me know if youre ever in Madagascar.
Die paaie is lank, wild en woes!

Offline BigEd

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #7662 on: August 06, 2019, 04:55:45 pm »
The best R100 you ever spent. I love little dogs and of course puppies... I mean, who doesn’t

Today is the 1 month anniversary of my little doggies death. I still miss the little cretin. Will for a long long time.  She helped me through cancer and chemo.

She always helped me in the garage and her mom with the dishes. Very vigilant guard dog.

She was named after my favourite car - Shelby Mustang! She was a rescue, but aptly named already. At least we could give her the best 4.5 years of any dog’s life.

Eish, the dust here in the Cape...
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 flippen martelpyp (current)

The following users thanked this post: Mrs. Zog

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #7663 on: August 06, 2019, 05:08:36 pm »
Yes, Maggie is very special.

Shelby was beautiful! Love her standing by the dishwasher! Maggie does the exact same thing. I always joke that I'll make a recording on a loop and play it all day: "Out of my kitchen! Don't hump the pillow! Don't lick the dishwasher! Go make a wee wee on the grass!"

Sammy stands by the kitchen trash can, literally with his mouth open, hoping to catch bits I put in. He has no shame. (He has also learned to operate the push pedal to open the lid and do self-service.)

I can't even contemplate losing either of the dogs. When it happens, it will break me badly. Very badly. Especially Maggie. She and I have been through heaps of shit together. She's my best friend, my buddy, my partner in crime. I love her to bits.
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #7664 on: August 06, 2019, 05:21:44 pm »
We have to lock doors when we go out, my Great Danes can open doors no problemo 😳
A founding member of the Witwatersrand Anchor Society.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #7665 on: August 06, 2019, 05:23:04 pm »
At least we could give her the best 4.5 years of any dog’s life.

That's all we can do, rescue a doggie and give him or her the best life possible. And I like to think that they know how much they're loved.

Ok, enough, or I'll start to cry.

Yesterday I was feeding my two doggies at lunch time and glanced out the window out back to see a friggin' armored SWAT van driving past. I sort of did a "huh, really" to myself. A few minutes later i heard a solid "whump". I guess they gained entry, wherever they were going  :imaposer:

Mr. Zog later mentioned that he was driving there earlier and saw a bunch of police cars. Go figure.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:37:41 am by Mrs. Zog »
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #7666 on: August 07, 2019, 01:46:00 am »
There are a few more planks that will be coming my way just as soon as I can disassemble the contraption that they currently support.

Big score, I'll be saving at least $50 on building my new workbench  :biggrin:

We had another big storm move through this afternoon. I JUST made it home as the first drops began to fall. Big drops that can drown a man in just one drop  :peepwall:  :imaposer:  And LOTS of them... since yesterday we have had another 1.5 inches of rain.

Maybe I should use the planks I scored to build an ark?  :peepwall:  :lol8:

Some pics of the approaching storm, Sammy putting on a dufus face, the rain gauge, and the guava tree that has doubled in size since we planted it around a month ago.
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #7667 on: August 07, 2019, 02:52:11 am »
my Great Danes can open doors no problemo

We once visited a friend in Bethlehem (Free State, not Israel)  ;D. He had two Great Danes. When they came to say hello to me upon arrival, one of them licked me on the nose. We were face to face. Those were the biggest dogs I have ever seen! Very gentle giants, though. Our friend had a little girl who was just starting to walk, and they were always around her, I got the sense that they were looking out for her. Very sweet.

P.S. I'm also short, so big Danes + short Mrs. Zog = eye level communication  :imaposer:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:53:57 am by Mrs. Zog »

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #7668 on: August 07, 2019, 05:52:53 am »
my Great Danes can open doors no problemo

We once visited a friend in Bethlehem (Free State, not Israel)  ;D. He had two Great Danes. When they came to say hello to me upon arrival, one of them licked me on the nose. We were face to face. Those were the biggest dogs I have ever seen! Very gentle giants, though. Our friend had a little girl who was just starting to walk, and they were always around her, I got the sense that they were looking out for her. Very sweet.

P.S. I'm also short, so big Danes + short Mrs. Zog = eye level communication  :imaposer:

Not to speak of their tails that can inflict quite a wack (in all the wrong places)  :imaposer:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 09:21:16 am by TeeJay »
Eat life!

Offline OomD

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #7669 on: August 07, 2019, 06:08:27 am »
I don't want a great dane.

Not again.

We got one after our rottweiler passed, and called him G-Force. He was the most gentle soul one could find in.a dog, and after a year or so he was tall... very tall. His demeanour was such that he actually seemed to understand me, we just clicked. Was the most awesome dog ever. Loved to play around, prancing like a horse and making u-turns at speed that left patches of grass flying. What a joy he was. Until his stomach and intestines twisted around, as they are prone to do in great danes, and we only noticed his pain the next morning. It was too late to save him, and after only 4 years we lost him. It really hurt, particularly knowing that he could've been saved had we noticed earlier.

Nope, don't want to go through that hurt again. Greatest dogs ever.

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #7670 on: August 07, 2019, 06:22:14 am »
Yep, when they play they are just like a horse, I had the bloat with an Irish setter and a bull mastiff have been lucky with my Danes, it’s basically any deep chested dog
A founding member of the Witwatersrand Anchor Society.

Online Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #7671 on: August 07, 2019, 07:25:14 am »
A rescue dog is living proof that you CAN buy love...   :sip:
unlimited, undying love.

All they ask is food+water, a warm place to sleep* and as much affection as you are prepared to give.
They thrive on love...!  ;D

(*preferably on the bed or couch right next to you)
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline BigEd

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #7672 on: August 07, 2019, 10:08:03 am »
Nope, don't want to go through that hurt again. Greatest dogs ever.

I feel the same thing now with my dachshund dying. I got my first worsie when I was 1 month old. We grew up together and roamed the streets of Malmesbury. My poor mother...

I'm 48 now and only 6 of those years did I not have a worsie in my life. There were 5 in total - all of them got to senior ages (the best being 17 years) but for Shelby.

Funny, the 6 missing years we had great danes. Boy, do they shit a pile...you trip over it and still fall in it....

I am not sure I can handle another worsie funeral. I still hurt too much.
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 flippen martelpyp (current)

Offline boland

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #7673 on: August 07, 2019, 10:39:14 am »
Mr. Zog was this you? :peepwall:

Offline Sardine

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • I am not a dude.
    • The Flying Fish
« Reply #7674 on: August 07, 2019, 03:52:02 pm »
Aaaaaaaaawwwwww.

All this talk about doggos. Darn allergies.

Offline Mr. Python

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Carpe Canum
« Reply #7675 on: August 08, 2019, 12:05:02 am »
What does gator taste like?
Life ....  when I was younger I had all these cool brave quotes and tag lines .... then life happened  ... and I have no socialialy acceptable  words 😶

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #7676 on: August 08, 2019, 03:49:15 am »
What does gator taste like?

tastes like chikin  :lol8:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #7677 on: August 08, 2019, 03:56:55 am »
Mr. Zog was this you? :peepwall:

Nope. Our dogglies are safe and sound in our yard  :biggrin:  But if it were to happen, that gator would be picking his teeth up with broken fingers  8)

As an aside. The reference to "Florida Man".

We have a mythical person here in Florida that is referred to as "Florida Man". Not always mythical, he is actually often seen. Think of someone like Vernon Koekemoer…  :imaposer:

"Florida Man" has done so many things; he has driven his truck into the ocean off the beach, he has fallen into the gator pit at Bass Pro Shops, he has been found with 25 lbs of weed hidden in his arse, he has done many things that have gotten him recognized in the various media. For a few good reasons, but mostly under the heading "dumbass of the day". "Florida Man" is special, very special.  :pot:  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

I'll try find some references to him for y'all  :sip:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #7678 on: August 08, 2019, 04:01:01 am »
well blow me over...

it seems that "Florida Man" has his own website  :eek7:

https://floridaman.com/

open at own risk  :imaposer:

Online Karel84

« Reply #7679 on: August 08, 2019, 04:35:42 am »
well blow me over...

it seems that "Florida Man" has his own website  :eek7:

https://floridaman.com/

open at own risk  :imaposer:
I opened the link and read the headlines at the top wondering how this guy gets away with all the kak. Then it clicks that the black guy and Latino looking guy can't be the same guy and Florida Man is a "collective" person...

Thankfully this night shift is coming to an end, I think I'm tired...

Sent from my SNE-LX2 using Tapatalk