Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 884533 times)

RobbieJZW and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline GRIM

Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #7800 on: August 25, 2019, 11:14:58 am »
Since you have the tools, stick an advert up on craigslist to do this for other people. A couple hundred dollars bonus every now and then will probably be welcome.
If there are liability/legal working on someone else's issues set it up as a KLR central type service - you come to my place and use the tools, I'll show you what to do (If showing them what to do means that the job is complete, then that's their fault for only stripping one plug, isn't it...)
Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Offline OomD

« Reply #7801 on: August 25, 2019, 02:15:09 pm »
Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes resets most common faults (and MIL lamp), provided the fault condition is no longer present.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #7802 on: August 25, 2019, 04:00:20 pm »
Today I'm in the interesting position of having to copyedit a Nobel Prize winner's research paper. Much pressure?  :o :o :o
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline Bikerboer1973

• Groot Suzuki aanhanger maar eindig altyd op met 'n Honda!
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Darem al weer 'n Honda XL185 plaas fiets.
« Reply #7803 on: August 25, 2019, 05:41:55 pm »
Today I'm in the interesting position of having to copyedit a Nobel Prize winner's research paper. Much pressure?  :o :o :o

You can do it, no sweat involved  >:D
Tans.
Honda Xl185 plaas fiets
Vrou se NC700.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #7804 on: August 25, 2019, 08:35:00 pm »

Eish  :o  But I know you'll get it done Mrs Z!

Offline thabogrobler

« Reply #7805 on: August 25, 2019, 11:12:02 pm »
Easiest diy.way to clear the engine light is to do an ecu hard reset. You take off both battery terminals, touch then together and replace them. It is so easy, even my wife can do it(though she does drive a Land Rover for what it's worth...)

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #7806 on: August 26, 2019, 01:42:33 am »
This morning I took the bakkie to O'Reilly's Auto Parts just up the road from us.

They offer free diagnostic and resets with a computer. I walked in, asked the dude behind the counter if he could help me.

"Sure buddy" he replied, he grabbed a Bosch diagnostic jobbie from under the counter and followed me out to the bakkie. He turned the ignition on, plugged in the machine, and ran a test. Apparently I had 18 faults  :eek7:  including the air flow meter etc. When I had the new thread in the head cut I spun the motor over a few times just to make sure that there weren't and aluminium chips inside the cylinder. I guess that is what triggered all the faults  :peepwall:

Anyways, the dude reset all the faults, and the engine light went out. Job done. Total time spent at the spares shop was around 4 minutes. And totally free. From now on I'll get all and any vehicle related stuff at O'Reilly's  :ricky:  :thumleft:

Engine light has also stayed off since then too, so no faults left over after my repairs  :deal:  :thumleft:

But thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #7807 on: August 26, 2019, 01:53:08 am »
Back home I did some vacuuming, cleared up several tons of dog hair from the carpets. Sammy really needs to stop shedding  :sip:  :lol8:

I made a lekker omelet for brunch for Mrs Zog and I. Fried onions, eggs, bacon and cheese  :drif:

Then back into the workshop. I finished off mounting the router table to the workbench, making sure that it is as level as I can get it. That did take quite a while, and I was sweating profusely by the time I was done.

I cleaned up some of the sawdust and took a bunch of pics for y'all  :lol8:

Then Mrs Zog and I took down the little plastic pool and the gazebo that stood over it. With Hurricane season starting to get pretty active now we decided that it would be best to get it down before an approaching storm made us do it against the clock. All components are dry and stashed away safely for next year.  :ricky:

I put the sprinkler on to help get the grass to grow again as we haven't had any rain for about a week now.

Some pics of the workbench as it stands now. I have almost 4.5 meters of workspace  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:55:02 am by Mr Zog »
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #7808 on: August 26, 2019, 01:54:33 am »
B.F.T. Zog  :thumleft:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #7809 on: August 26, 2019, 01:56:29 am »

B.F.T.?  I'm not sure of that meaning  :sip:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #7810 on: August 26, 2019, 01:57:47 am »
The garden is looking really great  :thumleft:

Lots of hard work, but I think it's paying off  :biggrin:

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #7811 on: August 26, 2019, 05:36:32 am »
Looking good Mr Zoggie - and all that so soon after the op - yussus they make SA'ners tuff huh. How's the finger doing?

Eat life!

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #7812 on: August 26, 2019, 07:22:16 am »

B.F.T.?  I'm not sure of that meaning  :sip:

My bad.....Built Ford Tough....a marketing slogan Ford Motor Company has been using here for decades with great results.

Ford sold a truck every 29 seconds or 1.1 million globally last year, making them the #1 truck seller for 42 years in a row.

To give you more perspective, Ford sold 1 million F-150's and Super Duty trucks in the US last year.  That's just trucks!  The entire lineups from BMW, Audi, and Mercedes Benz accounted for 850,000 units sold here.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2019/01/12/ford-f-150-super-duty-truck-sales/2557609002/

Online RobbieJZW

« Reply #7813 on: August 26, 2019, 09:44:28 am »
Your workshop is looking awesome Mr Zog! Congrats!! And hope the hand will heal up well. But I think the best bit for me is the glimpse of the garden...that green grass, every gardener’s dream! Thanks for sharing

Offline Buff

« Reply #7814 on: August 26, 2019, 10:54:53 am »
Your workshop is looking on point Mr Z, great job  :thumleft:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #7815 on: August 26, 2019, 10:09:03 pm »
Looking good Mr Zog! Hope the hand recovers quickly!

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #7816 on: August 27, 2019, 03:20:31 am »
Your workshop is looking awesome Mr Zog! Congrats!! And hope the hand will heal up well. But I think the best bit for me is the glimpse of the garden...that green grass, every gardener’s dream! Thanks for sharing

Thanks Robbie  :thumleft:  Give my love to your beautiful wife  ;D

I'll try get some more pics of the garden for you this weekend  :thumleft:

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #7817 on: August 27, 2019, 03:33:18 am »
Yes that workshop and the garden has taken shape, well done Z family!! :thumleft:

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #7818 on: August 27, 2019, 07:03:53 am »
Happy B,day Mr Zog,  :sip:  :occasion13:
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #7819 on: August 27, 2019, 07:10:23 am »
Happy happy Gary!
Have a great day and spoil yourself.
No Zogging :pot: :peepwall:
Dakar 650
KLR650