Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 881286 times)

wobbler, desertfox and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #8020 on: September 11, 2019, 09:52:19 pm »
 :laughing4: Luckily the zogs only got there a few years ago.

Offline lpj

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #8021 on: September 12, 2019, 01:24:01 pm »
Started listening to this audiobook on my way to work today. The first couple of chapters about Florida, made me think of the Zogs

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #8022 on: September 12, 2019, 09:15:27 pm »
 :BangHead:  When you have a new boss, and she is clearly clueless but thinks she knows everything and changes the entire workflow that has been in place for the last decade.  :BangHead: I asked for clarification of how it's now supposed to work, and her answer is even more confusing than the initial "explanation."  :BangHead:

@lpj, sounds like an interesting read for sure, I'll see about getting a copy. Currently also have a recommendation from @tok-tokkie about communication between trees, which is also on the list. I'm always grateful for book recommendations!  :thumleft:

P.S. Ok, so technically she's not my boss, since I'm self-employed and contract to them, but you know what I mean. She makes the rules I have to follow. Unfortunately.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:19:22 pm by Mrs. Zog »
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #8023 on: September 12, 2019, 11:51:59 pm »
Terrible, terrible. The same area of the Bahamas that was destroyed by Dorian is now under a tropical storm warning (this will likely become Humberto in a day or so). I suppose there is not much left to be flattened.

This will come our way over the weekend, but it will mostly bring a lot of rain and some gusty winds. For us, it won't even be "hurricane-shutter-worthy." (Famous last words...)  :o

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:54:20 pm by Mrs. Zog »
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #8024 on: September 12, 2019, 11:57:45 pm »
And...  a HUGE thank you for everyone who has donated so far to the GoFundMe to cover Mr. Zog's US citizenship application and Zog Jr.'s air ticket!

We now have enough for the citizenship application. Right now we are in the stages of collecting all required documentation. We have everything except for one document, which a friend will hand-carry for us from South Africa; he is going to visit next month and will bring it back for us. Then we can start the process! We are really VERY excited!

The following users thanked this post: Bikerboer1973

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #8025 on: September 13, 2019, 01:35:54 am »
Sorry for not posting much this week.

The fucking black dog got me by the balls. I'm trying to chase it away. I'll get it done. It's just pretty stubborn this time.  :xxbah:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Online Brink

• Bike: Confederate (all models)
  • Knob
« Reply #8026 on: September 13, 2019, 01:47:43 am »
Strength and peace Mr Zog,,,,,

:3some:
I know nothing but I can not prove it,,,,,

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #8027 on: September 13, 2019, 05:27:15 am »
Hang in there Mr Z - I know that bastard dog - seems he has offspring everywhere eh! I just know you'll be that rubber ball and bounce back....so corny I know  :imaposer:
Eat life!

Offline OomD

« Reply #8028 on: September 13, 2019, 08:30:37 am »
Mr. Zog, even that one liner of yours is a huge weapon in the arsenal against the black dog. Strengths, and rest assured we understand.

The following users thanked this post: Fudge

Offline BigEd

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #8029 on: September 13, 2019, 08:51:46 am »
Mr Z, take the boat and wet a line...you can even bait the line...
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 flippen martelpyp (current)

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #8030 on: Today at 01:39:14 am »
It was a looooong week.

I was busy as fuck at work, my finger was painful as all hell, and I ended Friday evening with 9 hours overtime for the week so far. And I am also "on call" this weekend.

Heading home last night I stopped off at a pharmacy retailer and bought a finger splint and some bandage. Splinting the finger straight has helped the pain a lot, but I am not able to do most of the things with my hand that I could. And if I get a callout I'll take it off so I can work, but so far it's helping a lot.

The fridge is giving shit too now, it's starting to freeze up the stuff inside the fridge. My limited knowledge of refrigeration (as does a quick visit to the university of google  ::) ) tells me that the refrigerant is getting low and the fridge needs to have gas added. This is a very old fridge, and it probably (likely) has the old-type gas that isn't allowed anymore, so getting a tech out that would be prepared to gas it up is a problem. Best solution is a new fridge. I'm checking the smalls on Craigslist several times a day, but nothing has come up yet. I proper new one is just out of the budget. But we remain hopeful the old one will hold out until we find a newer one.

I went over to a friend's house today, his water pump was giving him issues, but it was a very simple fix. Quick, easy, and no parts needed. Back home I mowed the grass, but elected to leave the weed eating for next week. We have some pretty stiff winds blowing from Tropical Storm Humberto, and lots of spotty rain showers passing through, but that should clear by tomorrow afternoon when Humberto fucks off North and East into the Atlantic as a Cat 2 Hurricane. The weather service is tracking two systems in the mid Atlantic that have a good chance of developing into something next week, so we'll keep an eye on them.

Tomorrow afternoon we will head over a work colleague who is also a registered Tax expert to see if we can get our taxes finally sorted out. We should have filed earlier in the year, but got an extension as Mrs Zog was waiting for a determination on her company tax ruling that she finally got last week. Hopefully we can get a bit of a break from the IRS.

I've finally managed to get the black dog off my back, it's still hanging around, but I'm threatening it with a shotgun now  :peepwall:  If it doesn't fuck off completely I'll blow it's nuts off and then we'll se who is boss  :pot:  :lol8:

Thanks for reading y'all  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

The following users thanked this post: halfjob, Oubones

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #8031 on: Today at 06:59:48 am »
Very glad to see this post!
May the finger heal and stop hurting.
That black dog is something that we all battle with from time to time, but it will not get you down as you do not let it get you under but fight it! :thumleft: You cannot run away from it, but you need to tackle it head on.
Strongs to you and there is no black dog big enough to get you down! :thumleft:
Dakar 650
KLR650

Offline RrP

« Reply #8032 on: Today at 07:32:40 am »
Is the thermostat not the problem with your fridge ? I have a 40 year old fridge which also freezes up plugged it into
one of them timer/plug adaptors and set it to switch on and off accordingly , still works like new !!