Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Life in America - I made the move.  (Read 884689 times)

BabyBeemer, allan.cawood and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mr. Python

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Carpe Canum
Re: Life in America - I made the move.
« Reply #6740 on: January 18, 2019, 11:43:25 am »
I bet that bit was really clean though
Life ....  when I was younger I had all these cool brave quotes and tag lines .... then life happened  ... and I have no socialialy acceptable  words 😶

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #6741 on: January 18, 2019, 11:47:06 am »
Raw meat is RED.  Biltong is CURED therefore ok to eat.

No problem.  You buy it and I will eat it for you then we call you GAWIE

Raw meat is RED, Iodined meat is also RED and sore  :peepwall:
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me attractive.

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6742 on: January 18, 2019, 11:22:37 pm »
Ok. So. I'm sick.  :-\

I ended up at the urgent care yesterday morning because I was in a lot of pain. That was a waste of time. Then I managed to get an urgent appointment squeezed in this morning at my regular GP, but all the way down in Vero Beach, where she has her second office. So about an hour each way. I was in pain, so I went. Then they pissed me off.

First, they weighed me and proceeded to tell me that I'm obese and I need to lose a lot of weight. Believe me, Wild Dogs, I'm not obese. Not by a looooooong shot. Those of you know me personally, you know. I told the nurse assistant no, I'm not obese. She said, "according to our weight tables you are. You need to lose about 40 pounds." If I lose 40 pounds, I'll be a skeleton. But according to their charts, that's my "ideal weight." Ok, whatever, go F8CK off."

Then she said, ok, it's been more than 2 years since you've been here. I said yes, I haven't been sick. I went to the urgent care once last year for a mild uncomplicated bronchitis. That's it. I go to my gynecologist once a year for my "female" checkup. Then she tells me that I have to come see them once a year, otherwise I'll drop off their computer and they will have to re-establish me as a new patient, and "that's a lot of extra paperwork for us." I was incredulous. I said, ok, so, what you're saying is, I need to come see you once a year, even if I'm not sick, just so you don't have to fill out an extra form? Yes, apparently so.

Anyway. Eventually the doc sees me and finds the problem and prescribed me some meds. If they work, and this issue resolves soon, it's ok. If it's not better in a week or two, I have to go back, and have an ultrasound to see what exactly is going on, and depending on what they see/find, I may need surgery. So... I'm terrified. The thought of surgery scares me to death. I've had surgery twice in the past, and I was terrified the whole way. I'm really hoping the meds work and I won't need it.

:-\ :-\ :-\
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Online Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #6743 on: January 18, 2019, 11:32:30 pm »
Hey, Tuff girl! You will be ok!
Rooting for you! :thumleft:
Dakar 650
KLR650

The following users thanked this post: Mrs. Zog

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6744 on: January 19, 2019, 12:34:07 am »
Hours later, and I'm still pissed off. For reference, I'm the same weight I was at the wedding in 2012 - exactly. Does this look obese to you? Nothing pisses a woman off faster than be called obese. F*ck I'm angry. It's stupid, I know. But &^&%**&*^%#. 99% of shoppers at Walmart are obese. I'm not obese.

:dousing:
Please consider a donation to the GoFundMe account to help cover Zog Jr.'s air ticket for June 2020 and Mr. Zog's U.S. citizenship application fees: https://www.gofundme.com/us-citizenship-application-amp-air-ticket

Online Oubones

« Reply #6745 on: January 19, 2019, 05:44:42 am »
No you are not obese!
Does she still have all her teeth or did she need the Doc after insulting you so? :pot:
Dakar 650
KLR650

Offline Sardine

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • I am not a dude.
    • The Flying Fish
« Reply #6746 on: January 19, 2019, 06:11:56 am »
Unless they’re measuring every inch of your body, their tables are a load of nonsense.
For my weight and height, all the stuff online says I’m anorexic.

You definitely ain’t obese.

As for potential surgery, try not to worry until you know more.
I had a doctor who was knife-happy and after a motorbike fall said I had torn my rotator cuff and I would need surgery and it would cost a load and I wouldn’t be able to work for 6 months. No work for 6 months meant no income- I needed use of my arm.

Anyway, after an ultrasound it turns out I had strained a ligament. I went to physio and after a few weeks of rest I was good to go.

Sounds like your doc and the practice are full of nonsense.

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #6747 on: January 19, 2019, 07:02:07 am »
Ms Z, just tell them that if you are obese, then they are ugly.
There are people who spend all their money every month.
That is called 'hand-to-mouth' living.
It is reckless because there are no monetary reserves in the event of  unforeseen expenses.

Similarly, some people choose to use up all the food energy they eat. 
We should all carry a few kilo's of reserve energy in case of unforeseen famine - or unforeseen expenses.
The skinny ones die first when it does come.  :sip:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:59:22 am by Fudmucker »
HEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline grizz

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ROCHERSTER, KENT
« Reply #6748 on: January 19, 2019, 07:38:22 am »
Hours later, and I'm still pissed off. For reference, I'm the same weight I was at the wedding in 2012 - exactly. Does this look obese to you? Nothing pisses a woman off faster than be called obese. F*ck I'm angry. It's stupid, I know. But &^&%**&*^%#. 99% of shoppers at Walmart are obese. I'm not obese.

:dousing:

Scales for this shit developed post war, austerity and body size, shape has all changed.

What a load of bollox from them.

Maybe suggest they return to school.
NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE STUPIDITY OF OTHERS....

I LIVE IN ROCHESTER, KENT, UK.

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #6749 on: January 19, 2019, 08:55:34 am »
You are quite svelte :thumleft:

I hate surgery too. Had to have two ops on my ankle within 4 months but thank God, both happened with only a day's notice so no time to worry.

Praying that the meds work and you don't need surgery. Strongs, Mrs Zog.
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Mrs. Zog

« Reply #6750 on: January 20, 2019, 12:36:54 am »
Thank you everyone. I'm sorry, I was in pain, angry, and tired... now I'm just in pain and tired  :imaposer:

You know, it's one thing if it's a trauma-related thing, like a broken bone or something. That doesn't "bother" me (mentally). It falls in the category of "shit happens."

But a medical issue, like this, where it's a lump/bump that needs to shrink/go away, it just freaks me out. I have no control. It's like your body saying "thanks for eating well, and exercising, and drinking in moderation, and never smoking, but f*ck you, it's time you got sick, here you go, take that."

It's gone down quite a bit already, so I'm sure the meds are kicking its butt now.  :P

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #6751 on: January 20, 2019, 02:21:49 am »
It looks like I may have managed to get my laptop going again.

It was down, then I got it running, then it crashed again... hopefully now it will stay running again. It's old, and has issues, but I can't afford a new one. So it just has to put on it's "big-boy" panties and keep going  :deal:

My leg is farking painful. You never realise just how much the skin on your inner thigh flexes until you get a burn there  :eek7:  But it is getting better, slowly. Just a mission to prevent infection which would really mess me up.

I have also been working really long hours this week, leave for work before sunrise, and get home after dark. Not much time for much else besides eat and sleep. My body is rebelling, today I was completely flat, no go. But I did manage to get a few things done in my workshop. A bunch more tidying up, putting out all my hardware (nuts, bolts, screws, etc) onto a shelf, and fitting two additional 4 - foot fluorescent lights that I salvaged from the old place into the roof of the workshop. It's slowly getting brighter in there  :biggrin:

We are getting a cold front again tonight, but this time they are saying it will be a wet one. I hope we get some rain, we desperately need it. Right now our area is in a severe drought. Those are the exact words from the weather people, we have not had rain in a long time. Thank goodness I got the well fixed and we can water the grass or it would be dead by now. Remember that the soil here is basically sea sand, it doesn't hold moisture well at all.

Anyways, supper was great, Mrs Zog made a nice pork roast with broccoli. Healthy and good. Now I'll watch a bit of TV before I fall asleep...  :peepwall:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Online Oubones

« Reply #6752 on: January 20, 2019, 06:38:53 am »
Eina! :-[
Glad that both off you are healing and may you guys feel much better this week!
Dakar 650
KLR650

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #6753 on: January 20, 2019, 08:37:26 am »
Glad you two are mending.

Try petroleum jelly on the burn,Mr Z.
That's what my dermatologist recommended for bits he froze off my skin.
At least it flexes with your skin.

Florida residents should be grateful their soil isn't clay.
Imagine how long the water would take to soak away every time a hurricane came through
and dumped a foot or so of rain in a day...?
HEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #6754 on: January 20, 2019, 12:17:38 pm »
Glad you two are mending.

Try petroleum jelly on the burn,Mr Z.
That's what my dermatologist recommended for bits he froze off my skin.
Mild Milton solution on a cotton dressing wrapped with cling wrap and a bandage to hold it all in place... much better than jelonet of vaseline.

Offline BMWPE

• Port Elizabeth
« Reply #6755 on: January 20, 2019, 01:14:24 pm »
No you are not obese!
Does she still have all her teeth or did she need the Doc after insulting you so? :pot:

:laughing4:
Rallye

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #6756 on: January 20, 2019, 08:07:21 pm »
 :imaposer: :imaposer: sorry Mrs Zog, brought memories back..  my wife was ill quite badly 6 or so years ago.  Went to an internist. The farker told her she was obese. Jirre she lost it... badly.. :laughing4:  turn out to be auto immune disease.  If you know her you will understand, Gary met her. Namaqueland.  I would not even dare to call her obuse...  that young internist never knew what hit him :imaposer:  hyt gekak...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:37:31 am by KiLRoy »

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6757 on: January 21, 2019, 01:31:00 am »
:imaposer: :imaposer: sorry Mrs Zog, brought memories back..  my wife was ill quite badly 6 or so years ago.  Went to an internist. The farker told her she was obuse. Jirre she lost it... badly.. :laughing4:  turn out to be auto immune disease.  If you know her you will understand, Gary met her. Namaqueland.  I would not even dare to call her obuse...  that young internist never knew what hit him :imaposer:  hyt gekak...

Ja for sure, I almost feel sorry for that internist  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6758 on: January 21, 2019, 01:45:47 am »
So today was Sunday. I was "on call" again for emergencies.

Thankfully I didn't get any call-outs. But I did spend the day doing more "sorting out" in my workshop.

A whole lot more nuts and bolts and screws and brackets and hinges and electrical spares and electrical wires and plumbing fittings and other assorted kak found their ways into respective bins and containers and such-like.

I also "inherited" a smallish workbench when I moved in here, home-made, but reasonably ok. Lightweight, but sturdy. So instead of shoving it against a wall and being done with it, I made another plan. I cut the legs a bit shorter and put a wheel on each leg. I had the castors in a bin, I had salvaged them from something else somewhere along the line. Now I have a mobile workbench that I can wheel around the workshop, and it is at the same height as my table saw. So it can also be called into service to support the ends of longer bits of wood that I may need to cut. I put the small wood-working vise onto it as well. I like it.

This evening I washed the dogs, they were getting quite smelly again. Then dinner was a fantastic beef roast that Mrs Zog had got on a special. 2.5 lbs for $9. I told her that if she saw them on special again to get a few, I think they will work great for biltong  :drif:  She put the roast in the slow cooker this morning, and after 8 hours it was super soft and tender, just falling apart. A side salad and some mash and gravy, and now I am dikgevreet  :biggrin:

Tonight will get really cold, the cold front that has dumped several feet of snow on places like New York and Boston got down to us this morning. We even had about 3mm of rain. But now it's clear and dry and the wind is getting really cold. Temp tomorrow morning will be around 3 degrees C. I guess I'll wear my jacket AND beanie  O0

My leg is still farkin painful, but after my shower a few minutes ago I decided to just give it the muti and leave it open. Hopefully it will dry out a bit, but not too much so it cracks and bleeds again. Eish. As jy dom is moet jy kak ne?  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

My computer seems to be working ok again now too. Happy days  :thumleft: :ricky:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6759 on: January 21, 2019, 01:49:23 am »
Just watching the weather report.

Tonight we have a super blood moon, and we will also have a total lunar eclipse as well. Going outside between 11pm and midnight will be very cold, but probably worth it...

Do you guys in SA also have the eclipse last night?