Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Baie geluk Nommers - HRC-AT !!!  (Read 2384 times)

Offline yogidabear

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Re: Baie geluk Nommers - HRC-AT !!!
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 07:58:14 pm »
What he said!! Am 1,83M tall and standing feels very natural and even with the small pegs there is a lot of room between your legs to manoeuvre. Having said that I believe it would be better suited with wider pegs, even the standard 1190 ones are way bigger. If you lean forward the tank is really comfortable to lean against with your upper thighs. Smooth as silk on power delivery and gear changes.

@Rider39 the manual suggests you be stationary to change traction control settings so have tried to do that but it happily changes at any speed. On dirt have selected T1 and only used that have not even turned it off. Please any opinions on what to select for different terrain would be great!!

Suspension is sublime but on a couple bumps it clunked - sorry not technical enough but it never bottomed out really just clacked. Is set to the manual "standard" settings and maybe needs to be a bit firmer for my 95kg birthday suit weight. Please let me know if you experienced same. The bumps referred to are the "air" you get when all weight leaves the suspension but the tyres are still basically touching.

The standard tyres when I first went on dirt had 150km on so you could feel were skating and even though they got better are still for light farm roads not real dirt. However the front is so planted because of the weight distribution it is incredibly forgiving. With better tyres - butter meet knife..

Offline Rider39

• Pack Dog
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 09:35:22 am »
yogidabear,

I experienced 1 or 2 very harsh "bumps", not bottoming but very harsh, could be the "air" compressing like you say. I stiffened the shocks by 2 clicks. One can feel a bit of "harshness" on tar now. It does feel slightly more planted in corners though. I thought to get used to the "harder" settings as this is what I will run when the bike is loaded for travel. I must also admit, I'm not too knowledgeable about shock settings. Trail and error will suffice at this stage.
I only read the manual after my first dirt ride, was toying with the TC on the move. Very handy feature, don't know why Honda does not recommend it.
I suppose your TC setting will depend on factors such as terrain, speed, weather and type of rubber your'e running.
I agree, the stock tires is suitable for light off road work, forest or farm roads and reasonably decent district gravel roads.
I will be trying out the Capra Anlas X tires soon.

I also learned that the stock hand protectors is worthless, mine broke after the bike fell over on the lawn whilst being washed :o :o :o, will be fitting a decent set soon.

Offline TrailBlazer

• www.a-cut-above.co.za (Laser cutting & Engraving Services)
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
    • A-Cut-Above
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 09:50:49 am »
I find myself in direct contravention of the 10th Commandment... that one about coveting my neighbour's property... or his wife..., or his servants..., but I'll take my chances on this. Dem!! That bike is neat.

Wishing you plenty safe and hassle-free km's with it (but then I'm sure you will have, because it's a Honda).  :thumleft:
There are old riders, and bold riders, but no old, bold riders.

Do not ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Take only pictures. leave only footprints

Offline Rider39

• Pack Dog
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 10:12:35 am »
 :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline yogidabear

• Pack Dog
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 04:38:47 pm »
I will be trying out the Capra Anlas X tires soon.
Dont know those and I contacted WFO to see about the Mitas E07:

RRP is as follows.

24-404 150/70-18 (70T) TL = R1845 incl.

24-638 90/90-21 (54T) TT = R930 incl.

Offline yogidabear

• Pack Dog
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 04:51:28 pm »
Thanks for the feedback on the TC and suspension and am going to go this weekend and try it a bit harder. The noise however is not my suspension and something is loose in the tailpiece, which took me a while to figure out...

Those tyres you want are pretty serious offroad material! Let me know if you get them what they feel like!!

Offline Rider39

• Pack Dog
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 07:59:12 pm »
Yohidabear, the noise could be from the tailligt and numberplate which are loose, apparently to protect the globes or led's against vibration. Not sure though.
Looking foward to testing those tires.
Rode 2 demo bikes today as part of the roadshow, they where fitted with the Mefo tires.not bad. Had a small moment :lol8:
When i nearly lost the front, during some spirited riding, am pretty sure the tkc would of done better....