Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Dilemma  (Read 10101 times)

Offline Happyfeet

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: Dilemma
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2016, 11:56:16 pm »
We don't even know who this other wild dog is, so why does it matter when it's all anonymous?
I think you guys need to meet over a beer and sort your differences out.

If that doesn't work, approach a small claims court.

But I feel it's better not to air your dirty laundry here.

My 5c

We were present the day Toni had troubles with his bike and the first time he phoned this mechanic - on a Saturday afternoon (after someone had recommended him). Not only did the mechanic patiently help Toni (whom he did not know at the time) through the steps to fix the bike (we were out in the sticks), but he contacted him over the weekend to make sure he was OK and got home safely. Since then Toni has always used him. I know he likes the guy a lot.

I was also present when Toni dropped his bike and know of his endless troubles to get his bike sorted out over the last 6 months. Instead of taking it to KTM, he rather wanted to help a guy who had been good to him in the past. And the insurance OKed it.

But to his detriment! He has had the patience of a saint, endless (missed) calls and messages - even missing out on trips because his bike doesn't get sorted out. There are few people who would put up with something like this for so long.  I believe the reason Toni has posted this on the forum was to get the guy to just answer him and deliver on his promises. He is beyond frustrated, but did not want to "report" him to the insurance. Give him the opportunity to "redeem" himself.

I don't know both sides of the story, but if I was a potential client, I would want to know if something like this could happen to me. In the end of the day, one's service and integrity should sell your business. And to be honest, after 6 months both of those seem to be wearing extremely thin.

- Toni: Kudos for being so patient and in spite of easier ways to sort it out, you stuck to trying to give this guy a chance.
- Mechanic: Please be a man of your word and do as you have promised. You are a good guy and so unnecessary to force Toni to take further steps.

It's better to burn out
than fade away!!

Offline Toni

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2016, 12:51:13 pm »
I am very happy to report back that the guy has kept his word. Ok was promised Thursday morning, but he could not find keys, so he had keys cut and I collected this morning.

We all have Sh1t in our life occasionally, maybe he just got his load and maybe had difficulty handling it this time. As said in previous post, he helped me when I was in Sh1t, and only then did I start using him.

Ok so I still need to collect my NEW panniers, as I now have his used (good condition) panniers. This I have been assured I should get within a month.

Will I still use him?  I do think I will. Am I 110% happy? No, firstly one can't be (ok excluding the day I got my bike), but I did have to wait 6 months, the luggage plate (this is the second one) is not 100% right (no cut out for the seat, so bolt holes are on the edge), but I do appreciate his efforts and willingness to help.

At this point he is free to identify himself here, I have no axe to grind. Hopefully (I believe not) there won't be another post next month about me not getting my new panniers.     

Thank you WD, and thank you to all the guy's that pm'd me with support and encouragement. I can really honestly say I have only met good guys here. I feel proud and privileged to be part of this great group called Wild Dog's.
Corripe Cervisiam

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2016, 01:30:44 pm »
:thumleft:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Online Matewis

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2016, 01:48:49 pm »
All's well that ends well.

:ricky:
“Don’t go where the path my lead…  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail…” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
https://kettingsaag.wordpress.com/
https://witvosblog.wordpress.com/

Offline Black_Hawk

• BackroadRiderZA
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com
    • My Towns A to Z
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2016, 03:30:48 pm »
Bly om te hoor dat alles nou (semi) uitgesorteer is  :thumleft:
Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com

2010 F650GS (Sold), 2009 BMW F800GS, 2002 BMW F650GS (Sold), 1982 Honda XR200R, 1983 Honda XL600R

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2016, 05:14:30 pm »
Dit die dude wat sommer kliente se bikes verkoop het wat oorsee gegaan het?

:imaposer:

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2016, 08:47:31 pm »

Not me :D

:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

nee, sies man, die man is die keer heeltemal onskuldig  :lol8:

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2016, 08:55:10 pm »

Not me :D

:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

nee, sies man, die man is die keer heeltemal onskuldig  :lol8:

Oh ok  :biggrin:  :thumleft:

Die dude wat klient se bike begin strip en in parte verkoop het sit in Gauteng, so kan ook nie hy wees nie  :imaposer:

Fokkit die WD raak lekkerrrrrr deesdae  :imaposer:

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2016, 09:23:53 pm »

Oh ok  :biggrin:  :thumleft:

Die dude wat klient se bike begin strip en in parte verkoop het sit in Gauteng, so kan ook nie hy wees nie  :imaposer:

Fokkit die WD raak lekkerrrrrr deesdae  :imaposer:

maar hy's 'n Dokter, so ons moet bietjie respek he  ;) ;D