Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TE630 dragging gear even with clutch in  (Read 552 times)

Offline Xpat

TE630 dragging gear even with clutch in
« on: April 05, 2016, 09:36:08 pm »
Need an advice pls.

I have bled my clutch and replaced the mineral oil. Everything seems to be OK, but when I engage a gear and try to push the bike with clutch in, I get quite a bit of resistance. I mean there is a difference with clutch out - then I cannot push it at all, so the clutch engages, but it seems like it doesn't fully disengage transmission.

Husky was acting like this for a while before - to the point when on robot if I didn't get into neutral (which is impossible to get into once stopped while the engine is running) and I just pulled the clutch in, I also had to push back a bit as the bike had a tendency to go a bit. I assumed it was related to my clutch failure - shit in the hydraulic system, but it seems still to be there.

Any idea what it can be - is the clutch gone (the clutch lever negages quite high so I don't think so)? Conrad - Runner has done the washers fix some time ago - anything else to look for?

The Husky was always temperamental with Neutral and I haven't ridden it for a while so maybe it was always doing it - but somehow I don't think so.

Ta

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: TE630 dragging gear even with clutch in
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 10:22:55 pm »
Difficult to say and so few 630's around in SA - the 610's do not have the hydraulic clutch and their failure is often the actuating lever. Most bikes often will have some drag in the situation you describe but does sound like yours may be more than usual. The finding neutral at stop is just a Husky 610/630 thing from what I can make out. I would say ride it a bit and see - may just be you are not used the bikes idiosyncrasies? Of course Cafe Husky is a good place to ask as well as so many more 630's that side of the pond.  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline Xpat

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 11:02:08 pm »
Thanks Dominic, I'll try CH.

Offline M3X3Z3

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 03:30:47 pm »
Have you thought of speaking to Shane in the workshop at Primrose MotorCycles ?
He is very knowledgeable on these bikes and always very helpful.

If memory serves me correctly, there was a factory recall for the clutch rod on the 630's.
CH has more detail on this.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:32:57 pm by M3X3Z3 »
Honda XR250  Husqvarna TE630  Husqvarna SM630  KTM 690

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:41:21 pm »
How long did you bleed it and are you sure all the air is out ? I know on my 525 it took me about 30 min to bleed the system. I have also read that the bleeding of the system should be done from the top with a syringe setup although I could not get that to work  ??? I used ATF, worked great. If the bike stood for a long time it could have been contaminated with moisture.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:43:26 pm by sidetrack »
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Help make the TSAT a reality
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241580.msg4325284#msg4325284

Offline Xpat

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 09:48:41 pm »
I took it to Runner to have a look - mainly because apart from clutch the bike wouldn't start again  :dousing:. There is no juice getting to fuel pump. Will see what he has to say. I will tell him about Primrose guys - thanks.

@sidetrack: based on some videos I've found on youtube I bled it top down and I just pushed the oil through until it was coming lean at the bottom and there was no air coming out at the bottom - the clutch lever also had proper resistance and I could hear clutch engage and disengage. The lever also started to engage quite high so I assume it really does actuate clutch. It would be nice if the problem would be only my screw-up, but I will have to wait and see what Conrad has to say.