TE630 dragging gear even with clutch in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpat

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Need an advice pls.

I have bled my clutch and replaced the mineral oil. Everything seems to be OK, but when I engage a gear and try to push the bike with clutch in, I get quite a bit of resistance. I mean there is a difference with clutch out - then I cannot push it at all, so the clutch engages, but it seems like it doesn't fully disengage transmission.

Husky was acting like this for a while before - to the point when on robot if I didn't get into neutral (which is impossible to get into once stopped while the engine is running) and I just pulled the clutch in, I also had to push back a bit as the bike had a tendency to go a bit. I assumed it was related to my clutch failure - shit in the hydraulic system, but it seems still to be there.

Any idea what it can be - is the clutch gone (the clutch lever negages quite high so I don't think so)? Conrad - Runner has done the washers fix some time ago - anything else to look for?

The Husky was always temperamental with Neutral and I haven't ridden it for a while so maybe it was always doing it - but somehow I don't think so.

Ta