Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Places NOT to go to on the Cape  (Read 19260 times)

Online VaalBaas

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Sogenaamde Vleismeester
Re: Places NOT to go to on the Cape
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2016, 08:18:33 am »
As ek nou reg onthou is die poster van die foto ook vandag in n goeie bui ;D
2006 Hp2 # 882 #1555 #1784 - 2008 R1200 GSA -  2009 R1200 S - 1998 R1200 C - 2020 RnineT Pure
2012 TW200
My eertse foutjie KTM RC8 en toe nog n 525 ook
Project Bikes - 2003 Yamaha 350 Banshee SE - 2006 Yamaha 200 Blaster SE - TW200
As ek nie gister gedoen wat ek gedoen het nie, het ek nie vandag geweet wat ek weet(en ek weet nog steeds nie wat ek doen)

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2016, 03:11:05 pm »
Stellenbosch - over populated, over priced, over polluted, the grape bushes are just covered in dust and look sad.

I live here and not as k@k as you think. I work in the infamous city of Belville and commute on the bike is 25min no matter the traffic, 40min in the cage. Within a 10min drive I can have world class wine at a variety of farms (cheap too if you know the area), I can jump on the mtb and 5min from my house I am on amazing singletrack and downhill trails, about an hour drive in any direction sees me rock climbing either on TM (brilliant climbing), Du Toitskloof, Kleinmond and when I just want to chill I can have an ice cold beer on the sidewalk at De Akker. Is maar 'n k@k plek die ja.

Twat stellenwanker. Don't over market a place that sucks. I go to Cape Town once or twice a week for business and I am always amazed at how "schway" people get over that rock! Wanna see pollution. Get raped, get robbed. Go to that rock!  Wanna see true mountains - go to the drakenaberg!

The Drakensberg is great and I know it well having grown up in it, but you underestimate the Cape Mountains. I have and do hike, climb and fly in and over many of, if not all of the cape mountains and believe me there are places here that can rival and even surpass the Drakensberg for remoteness and ruggedness. It is easy to have a quick look at a place and call is k@k if you don't really know it, much like many people say of small plaas dorpies.

Get raped, get robbed - If you make yourself a soft target this will happen anywhere. Many hikers get attacked on the Lesotho border in the Drakensberg, people just don't  take notice.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:11:59 pm by Kortbroek »
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2016, 10:24:29 am »
Stellenbosch - over populated, over priced, over polluted, the grape bushes are just covered in dust and look sad.

I live here and not as k@k as you think. I work in the infamous city of Belville and commute on the bike is 25min no matter the traffic, 40min in the cage. Within a 10min drive I can have world class wine at a variety of farms (cheap too if you know the area), I can jump on the mtb and 5min from my house I am on amazing singletrack and downhill trails, about an hour drive in any direction sees me rock climbing either on TM (brilliant climbing), Du Toitskloof, Kleinmond and when I just want to chill I can have an ice cold beer on the sidewalk at De Akker. Is maar 'n k@k plek die ja.

Twat stellenwanker. Don't over market a place that sucks. I go to Cape Town once or twice a week for business and I am always amazed at how "schway" people get over that rock! Wanna see pollution. Get raped, get robbed. Go to that rock!  Wanna see true mountains - go to the drakenaberg!

The Drakensberg is great and I know it well having grown up in it, but you underestimate the Cape Mountains. I have and do hike, climb and fly in and over many of, if not all of the cape mountains and believe me there are places here that can rival and even surpass the Drakensberg for remoteness and ruggedness. It is easy to have a quick look at a place and call is k@k if you don't really know it, much like many people say of small plaas dorpies.

Get raped, get robbed - If you make yourself a soft target this will happen anywhere. Many hikers get attacked on the Lesotho border in the Drakensberg, people just don't  take notice.

Show off
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2016, 10:26:25 am »
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!