Doring River Crossing & Uitspankraal Now Biker freindly Capsite 760km Later

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
After reading the Doring River Crossing thread in Planning a ride  , I thought its time we went on a Reccie ride to  go and have a look around , And see if they had any COLD BEERS !

So Andy660 , Mark B and Adventure hunter Left on Sunday morning early to take a look.
We did tar to Malmsbury , then dirt to Moorreessberg, and Tar to Citusdal

We did dirt to  Clanwilliam, refueld and hit the tar up Pakhuis Pass over the mountain,
!0 years 12 yrs ago , we did most of this route on the dirt , now all tar,
We went all the way on Tar until the Biedouw Valley turn off , where finally we got back on the Dirt.\

I popped into Mertenshoff and vissited the owner, Barry,
I took Mark and ADV H around the back and showed them the wonderful house that can hous 17 people and has an amazing campsite under willow trees
We then hit a left turn and did the 35km of rough dirt road down the valley to Utspankraal, the last farm at the left at the end of the valley , on the Doring River.

There we met up  with Glen the caretaker and maintenance man,
And yes , the Holder of the Cold Beer.
There isnt anything better than a cold beer to wash all that dust down after a long ride.

So we tied up our Horses in front of Glens Saloon , UITSPANKRAAL

Mark B and ADV Hunter making them selves at home on the Lounge Suite in the lobby at the reception.