Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Recall/Pre caution  (Read 1157 times)

Offline w@nted

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Ride to Work and Work to ride...
Recall/Pre caution
« on: April 13, 2016, 07:32:58 am »
Hi Guys

So I took my bike for it's 1000km service. When dropping the bike off I saw something on the job card about replacing the secondary clutch cylinder... Apparently a precaution/ recall of some sorts. Not sure which models are affected, so just giving all the heads up  :thumleft:. Mine is a 2016 trophy model.

Now for the sad part, when I wanted to collect the bike, they told me after installing the new cylinder, the clutch did not work any more. They suspect it was a defective replacement part  ???.

Anyway, bike had to sleep at the dealership and new part will be installed today. Missing my lc already  :'(
Bikes: Honda CB1, Yamaha XT660R, BMW F800GS, BMW R1200GS DOHC, BMW R1200GS LC Trophy edition, Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Offline w@nted

Re: Recall/Pre caution
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 09:38:15 pm »
So received the bike back today, new slave cylinder fitted. The clutch now engages much closer to the handlebar...Is there a way to adjust this myself? Adjusting the lever angle using the round knob does not really help? ???
Bikes: Honda CB1, Yamaha XT660R, BMW F800GS, BMW R1200GS DOHC, BMW R1200GS LC Trophy edition, Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Offline ratrap

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 10:04:37 am »
Possibly air in the system then. I don't know the BMW's at all but try tie strapping the lever back to the handlebar overnight. That usually gets stubborn air out of the system.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

Offline COLES

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 09:42:45 am »
i will put my head on the block

the master has not been bled properly take the bike back to the dealer

Offline w@nted

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 07:36:12 pm »
Hi

So I see the oil level is a bit high, slightly above the red circle... The Clutch now "engages closer to the handlebar, but only when the engine is cold. Once up to temperature, it engages further away from the handlebar. It feels more like before the service to me now, so maybe it just had to settle? Maby some air was trapped somewhere?  ??? 

I also read on other forums that a high engine oil level can influence the clutch?
Feeling less worried now, enjoying this LC machine!  :ricky:

Offline plaky

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 08:03:10 pm »
I contacted John Carr at Donford Stellenbosch after seeing this post and he said that all I need is a software upgrade, mine is Sept 2014 model.