Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: New Africa Twin farkle thread  (Read 80068 times)

Offline AdventureBoy

Re: New Africa Twin farkle thread
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2019, 09:22:40 pm »
Just bought a Remus Titanium slip on exhaust, looking forward to the new sound!  >:D

Bike sounds AWESOME without the baffle!!!! >:D

Hi BikerJan
Did you also deCAT the pipe? Interested to know how it affects the performance of the bike.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #321 on: May 20, 2019, 10:02:33 am »
I am working on refelctive Rim tape specifically for the Africa twin, this will include a printed Africa twin logo
Image to follow soon.

I would just like to guage some interest, if youre keen, what colour would you prefer?

:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2019, 11:19:38 am »
Just bought a Remus Titanium slip on exhaust, looking forward to the new sound!  >:D

Bike sounds AWESOME without the baffle!!!! >:D

Hi BikerJan
Did you also deCAT the pipe? Interested to know how it affects the performance of the bike.

No, only the slip on unfortunately

Offline Mpandla

« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2019, 01:29:26 pm »

Hi BikerJan

On mine, after the decat and LV One slip on I did notice an increased willingness to rev in the higher ranges. Bike pulled a lot smoother and with less effort
For some reason, the slight snatchy throttle at open/closed movements was also gone
KTM 1190 R
Mpandla - The bald one

The following users thanked this post: AdventureBoy

Offline AdventureBoy

« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2019, 06:09:04 pm »

Hi BikerJan

On mine, after the decat and LV One slip on I did notice an increased willingness to rev in the higher ranges. Bike pulled a lot smoother and with less effort
For some reason, the slight snatchy throttle at open/closed movements was also gone

Thanks for that Mpandla. I am considering a new pipe but am unsure if I should go the whole hog and decat as well. I suppose if you do not decat, you can always do that at a later stage. How did it affect fuel consumption?

Offline Mpandla

« Reply #325 on: May 21, 2019, 09:16:24 am »

Thanks for that Mpandla. I am considering a new pipe but am unsure if I should go the whole hog and decat as well. I suppose if you do not decat, you can always do that at a later stage. How did it affect fuel consumption?

They cut mine in such a way that if you really wanted, you can weld the cat back in again. Bike just ran better without it
Made no difference to fuel consumption at all. It just ran better, felt more lively, breathed better etc
Only thing I would say, if you dont plan on getting a remap or RapidBike type of thing.. leave the insert/baffle in the slip on. I found that if you take that out as well, it started to bog down. It needs a bit of back pressure
KTM 1190 R
Mpandla - The bald one

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2019, 10:25:46 am »
I have removed the insert from the Remus, but the CAT is still in, do not know whether it is my imagination but it feels as if the bike pull stronger as well.

Offline Bwana

« Reply #327 on: May 21, 2019, 03:00:01 pm »
They cut mine in such a way that if you really wanted, you can weld the cat back in again. Bike just ran better without it
Made no difference to fuel consumption at all. It just ran better, felt more lively, breathed better etc
Only thing I would say, if you dont plan on getting a remap or RapidBike type of thing.. leave the insert/baffle in the slip on. I found that if you take that out as well, it started to bog down. It needs a bit of back pressure

I agree I found it loses a bit of Torque. I actually tested it out with a standard bike letting the clutch out in 1 st gear without using accelerator on a slight incline. My bike with an arrow exhaust insert removed stalled while the other AT didnt. Put insert back and they were the same. Man but it sounds great with the insert out.

Offline Mpandla

« Reply #328 on: May 21, 2019, 03:04:12 pm »

I agree I found it loses a bit of Torque. I actually tested it out with a standard bike letting the clutch out in 1 st gear without using accelerator on a slight incline. My bike with an arrow exhaust insert removed stalled while the other AT didnt. Put insert back and they were the same. Man but it sounds great with the insert out.

Now install a RapidBike or power commander on it and see how it flies
KTM 1190 R
Mpandla - The bald one

Offline hiltonph

• Probeer hom maar regop hou al is dit op een wiel..
    • Weskaap Stofpad Ryers
« Reply #329 on: October 06, 2020, 10:48:03 am »

Now install a RapidBike or power commander on it and see how it flies

Fokit maak dit nie n verskil nie... ou is sommer kwaad na die rapidbike. >:D
#maakstof

Kawasaki KLR650 / Honda varadero xl 1000v/ BMW r1100s / Aprilia Caponord etv 1000 / KTM 1190 ADV R / Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000

Offline Captain Zef

• The Ultimate
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Oudtshoorn / Mosselbaai
« Reply #330 on: November 19, 2020, 10:32:25 pm »
Has anyone here removed the spark arresters from the standard  exhaust to make it a bit louder? I feel like doing it.

Offline AdventureBoy

« Reply #331 on: November 20, 2020, 07:06:52 am »
Has anyone here removed the spark arresters from the standard  exhaust to make it a bit louder? I feel like doing it.
Hi Captain Zef
On my AT I had someone open up the standard exhaust and rebuild the inners. They also opened up the outlet section so it breathes better. If you look ay the pipe from the back , the two tubes are now bigger then the original ones. Sounds great, but not too loud. Also goes much better. When looking at the exhaust you cannot see where they opened the exhaust. They cut it on the existing weld and re-joined on that weld.

Offline Captain Zef

• The Ultimate
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2020, 07:11:50 am »
Hi Captain Zef
On my AT I had someone open up the standard exhaust and rebuild the inners. They also opened up the outlet section so it breathes better. If you look ay the pipe from the back , the two tubes are now bigger then the original ones. Sounds great, but not too loud. Also goes much better. When looking at the exhaust you cannot see where they opened the exhaust. They cut it on the existing weld and re-joined on that weld.

Awesome man i wish i had somebody that could do that down here in George area.

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #333 on: November 20, 2020, 09:02:25 am »
Hi Captain Zef

Gaan vra die manne by Powerflow Exhuasts in Merrimin straat in George. Hulle het sulke goed gedoen in die verlede. As hulle dit nie meer doen sal hulle weet wie dit nou kan doen in George.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

The following users thanked this post: Captain Zef

Offline Captain Zef

• The Ultimate
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #334 on: November 20, 2020, 12:29:33 pm »
Dankie dis iets waarna ek defnitief sal luister.

Offline GRyPH

• Some things can't be done cautiously!
« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2020, 03:20:07 pm »
Hi Captain Zef

Gaan vra die manne by Powerflow Exhuasts in Merrimin straat in George. Hulle het sulke goed gedoen in die verlede. As hulle dit nie meer doen sal hulle weet wie dit nou kan doen in George.

ek stem...  die manne van powerflow behoort te kan help,   op my ou 750AT het hulle vir my die can oopgemaak en oorgedoen.
Focus on the journey, not the destination.

Offline dieseldawie

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • I like to drink lots of beer
« Reply #336 on: November 23, 2020, 05:14:25 pm »
Hi Captain Zef

Who in Gauteng did this for you and the cost?? I assume they removed the CAT as well?
Where are my shorts??

Online McSack

• Hairy-arsed throttle-slinging
« Reply #337 on: November 23, 2020, 06:13:12 pm »
Hi Captain Zef

Who in Gauteng did this for you and the cost?? I assume they removed the CAT as well?
Also would like to know

Sent from my BV9500 using Tapatalk

~ Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself ~

Offline AdventureBoy

« Reply #338 on: November 23, 2020, 09:00:34 pm »
Hi Captain Zef

Also would like to know

Sent from my BV9500 using Tapatalk

The guy who did this for me is actually located in the Nelspruit area. My brother who lives there (and does bike repairs and rebuilds from his small holding) arranged it for me. I can put you in contact with him to avoid me being the middle man and adding to the postage. I just took off the exhaust and sent it by postnet and he sent it back. I decatted my exhaust, but that was done by someone else here in Gauteng.

The photo I attached shows how the exit pipes have been enlarged, allowing a better flow of gas.

The following users thanked this post: Captain Zef

Offline Redline1

« Reply #339 on: November 24, 2020, 04:53:08 pm »
 :ricky: :ricky: Picking up my AT on Thursday. My first Honda. Won't sleep till then..
Chinese proverb: 讀萬卷書不如行萬里路
Reading ten thousand books is not as useful as travelling ten thousand miles