What's the dumbest thing you've done with your bike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixit

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
Doing my usual last night I was fiddling with the GS again, whiskey flowing smoothly, me thinking of what I can do about the back shock that is a bit pap when she is fully loaded.
I decide that the only thing to do is to get a heavier spring made so I remove the back shock to take measurements.
Anyway one thing led to the next and eventually at around 23h00 I stagger off to bed.
Having to be at work at 06h00, I eventually drag myself out of bed (droog bek and all), get ready for work. So I load the top box with all the necessary shite for work, put on ATGATT + helmut and roll the bike off the centre stand��.well you can guess what happened! She dropped down on to the floor like a ton of bricks with no back shock!
I mean WTF! There I was stuck trying to hold the bitch upright in the middle of the garage. I couldnâ??t reach anything to support the bike. Just didnâ??t have the strength to pull her back up onto the stand. Being parked between my CS and my trailer, I try both ways to see if I can lean her over without damage, but there is no way.
I even though of phoning the wife who was fast asleep in the house, but that would be suicide!
Eventually I manage to free the top-box with one hand and slide it out of the way. I worked my way around the back of the bike and managed to drag it backwards out of the garage��you got to picture this�..Man I felt like a doos!
Anyway with the bike now lying on its side I refit the shock and then pick her up.

Iâ??m still not sure if it was all the work or just being the mooring or the babelaas, but I never even felt the cold on the way to work today.
:dousing: :dousing: