Shaheed 1200 Down but not Out .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rynet

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Shaheed1200 Down but not Out

Shared with Shaheed’s permission - please send him good wishes - it is boring in hospital .

Last week , just before Claremont bridge , in Haroon Road ( formerly Landsdowne Road) just past Tyger Wheel and Tyres a bakkie
came to a sudden stop obvs wanting to turn in at Deloitte building .  Shaheed was going about 60 km an hour and slammed on his brakes of his GS 1200 Adv.

Eek -his brakes didn’t work at all - which he couldn’t understand . Only afterwards he was told that the truck behind him was pushing his bike from behind into the bakkie at speed. 

As Shaheed lifted into the air he made a somersault so as to not disappoint the spectators and ruin his good work suit .

He landed on his back on the back of the bakkie and jumped off immediately to check if the driver had his indictor on ( he didn’t )

He then realised he was in quite a bit of pain and so lay down waiting for the ambulance .

He was cracking jokes with the ambulance crew and they started asking him legal questions , and he scored a client , typical lawyer can’t take them anywhere !

Injuries , left wrist , swollen private parts, which he hoped wouldn’t go down .

He didn’t want to tell the Dr that it was swollen due to injuries , so lay there proudly in pain for a while but she figured it out anyway .

( he still hasn’t told us how the Dr treated that. ) :imaposer:

Broken pelvis but was told if it grew closer together they could leave it and not put in a steel pin and so far it is healing nicely .

His vocal cords were strained for a few days from where the helmet strap tugged into his neck as the force tried to pull it off his head .

Andy and Crossed Up went in the morning and kodgehopper and I went to visit Shaheed on Wednesday night . He was out of ICU already and in Surgical Ward where he was the only patient to have his own big room with just one bed in it .

As usual he was flirting a storm with the nurses  , and it soon dawned one me why he got the extra big room and care. lol

I did ask him -but he said what happened in the hospital stayed in the hospital . :imaposer:

The photos in the sequence I got them , the first one scared me quite a bit . Not used to seeing our strong friend down - but not for long !

Attachments

• Shaheed_00007.jpg
    Shaheed_00007.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 582
  • Shaheed_00008.jpg
    Shaheed_00008.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 589
  • Shaheed_00006.jpg
    Shaheed_00006.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 575