Some old guys & some handsome bikes to Uitspan ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRRX

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Always good to meet new characters, as well as some old ones!  :peepwall: Plan was to leave George at 9am from Engen, but Dave was late  ::) …. He phoned – DR cut out … NO … can’t be  :eek: ???…. We decided to drive the 10-15 k’s where he was standing and try to assist him – turned out to be a mere “air-lock” in the fuel system – courtesy of the long-range tank  …  :deal:

Then we were off – Montagu Pass; Paardebont; Dysselsdorp; De Rust. From Kammanassie Dam “Nommers” gave me a chance on his new AT … Think he regretted it soon  :biggrin: … You see, as he was now on my XR, I knew he could not catch me  >:D – so I went a bit crazy – sorry Nommers & thank you very much  :thumleft: – there’s nothing like getting air-borne at 180 km/h on a reasonable piece of gravel !!  :ricky: O0 After this, I honestly didn’t enjoy my old faithful that much …  :-[

Then the beautifull Meiringspoort to Klaarstroom, and right to Willowmore. About halfway between Klaarstroom and Willowmore we had a fantastic “worsbraai” in a dry riverbed !! Some folks can even eat a mixture of sausage and gravel!!!  :eek: ::) :eek7:

In Willowmore we stopped at Jumpers Place, but sadly they were closed … Then it was off to Uitspan in the Baviaans. What a ride – what a place!!  :3some: If you know this wonderful people, please pray for Christine – her condition is now heart-breaking to say the very least …  :'( :'(

As per usual it was a great evening and all of the country’s problems were solved!!  :peepwall: :pot:  This morning we really missed the wonderful breakfast Christine is renowned for  :( – but poor Nico provided us with home-made bread, cheese and jam – thanks Nico – we really appreciate!!!  :thumleft:

The “old” guys left for George, while the handsome bunch  :biggrin: drove a bit into the Baviaans. On the return we stopped at Vera’s place for good coffee and great “roosterkoek” !!
Nice ride to Uniondale and a good stop at Cracklin Rose, before we returned home through the stunning Kammanassie!!

Till next time …

Attachments

• Incredible2.jpg
    Incredible2.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 613
  • Incredible1.jpg
    Incredible1.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 612
  • Incredible5.jpg
    Incredible5.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 612
  • Incredible3.jpg