4 days, 4 province and a hole in the head

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donovan paton

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I have not been on a bike trip for more than a year, well longer than two days and I was getting cranky. So the wife let me out my cage for a few days. The last time she did this it took me 11 days to find my way home, so I had to promise in writing to be back in 4 this time. I had to be at work the Monday night, so I was buggerd any way.

Managed to get 1 mate to join me. So I was sorted, the last time I did the Lesotho border I was on my own. After a phone call I had 3 more bikes joining, guys I've never met before. So a braai was the order of the day to get to know everyone.

Meeting some one new is always fun for me, especially if they ride bike. You never run out of bike stories. Meeting Pat and Graham for the first time and there partner's. Well what a laugh. We had such a lecker braai.

My plan was just to wing it, get to a town and see who has a room, but now wife's were involved, so we needed a plan. Debby took over and with in a week the first two stops were sorted, supper at the b&b sorted too.  Graham had the third night sorted before the chops were cooked. This was going to be fun. As long as I got a tooth brush I'm sorted, and here I'm going on a trip where accomadation, food and even the route is sorted. Best planing ever  :biggrin:

There was a fifth bike from joberg,  Dave and Heather. They were going to meet us in greytown.

So, first it was just me, than me and my bestie. Now 5 bikes, 8 people. 2 klrs, 1 ktm1190, 2 bmw1200

Day1, mandini to greytown, pmb, underberg and over night at matatiel
Day 2, matatiel, Rhodes, wartrail and over night at wepener
Day 3, wepener,  lady brand, ficksburg and over night at clarens
Day4, Clarencs,  golden gate,  harrismith, lady Smith, weenen,  greytown and home.