Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Off Road Racing Club Membership  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
Off Road Racing Club Membership
« on: April 29, 2016, 01:58:05 pm »
Each year I have to go through the motions to join an off road club in order to get a MSA license.  I need that to do the Botswana 1000 and Amgeza.  The majority of my racing takes place in The Northern Cape/Free State in the CSA series.  You don't need to belong to a club or to have a license to race in that.

So, essentially, to me the club membership is a grudge expenditure, as I will not use any of its facilities or race in a series that they hold.

Last year I had Dirt Racing Club membership.  I can't get hold them, so I assume they have folded.  So, any recommendations on a cheap as chips club that will allow me to get the MSA license?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:58:32 pm by Bill the Bong »

Offline Offroad2

Re: Off Road Racing Club Membership
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 02:47:01 pm »
WCOC  offer a country membership & also for those who wish to do Amageze or did West Coast Baja   it was R250

No Road like Off-Road

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 02:48:08 pm »
Also try Wild West Enduro for club membership.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Geel Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 02:52:50 pm »
For my current license I chose Amageza Racing (I think that was the name I just picked it from clubs listed when I did the online renewals) - did not cost anything.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:43:39 pm by Geel Kat »

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 02:55:25 pm »
WCOC  offer a country membership & also for those who wish to do Amageze or did West Coast Baja   it was R250

Thanks, I checked your website this morning, but I only saw the R450 option.  How do I access the R250 option.  Next question:  the rallye that you are planning in Calvinia area (Hantam Rallye??), what license and club membership requirements are there?  I was sort of planning to do the rallye if it comes off as well as the Namibian invitational.  Is the full membership option the appropriate/best choice?

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 02:56:43 pm »
For my current license I chose Amageza Racing (I think that was the name I just picked it from clubs listed when I did the online renewals) - did not cost anything.

Edit: Screen copy off my 2016 license below...

Ja, that option allows you a single event license from MSA for Amageza only.  I used that 2 years ago.

Offline Geel Kat

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 02:57:34 pm »

Ja, that option allows you a single event license from MSA for Amageza only.  I used that 2 years ago.

No my license is a full annual club license but the intention is to use it for Amageza only.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:43:08 pm by Geel Kat »

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 03:01:11 pm »
OK, cool

Offline Offroad2

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 03:35:07 pm »

Thanks, I checked your website this morning, but I only saw the R450 option.  How do I access the R250 option.  Next question:  the rallye that you are planning in Calvinia area (Hantam Rallye??), what license and club membership requirements are there?  I was sort of planning to do the rallye if it comes off as well as the Namibian invitational.  Is the full membership option the appropriate/best choice?

For WCOC you can send it to rene@westerncapeoffroad.co.za just cross out the R475  saying you are using it for Amageze or country membership (R250) more the 300km from CPT. Will talk to committee see if we can do better if you guys want ?
No Road like Off-Road

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 04:32:41 pm »

If you didn't apply to join a club, you ain't a memebr. Just stating it on your application for an MSA license is a lie.

Just to let you know ............
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline Geel Kat

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 04:37:55 pm »
If you didn't apply to join a club, you ain't a memebr. Just stating it on your application for an MSA license is a lie.

Wow, so I deliberately lied on my MSA license application to save R400.00 after spending close on R100,000.00 to get myself ready for Baja and Amageza?

Makes sense  ::)

@ Bill the Bong, was trying to help, if the information I provided was incorrect then please ignore my posts.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:46:07 pm by Geel Kat »

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 05:45:48 pm »

Wow, so I deliberately lied on my MSA license application to save R400.00 after spending close on R100,000.00 to get myself ready for Baja and Amageza?

@ Bill the Bong, was trying to help, if the information I provided was incorrect then please ignore my posts.

Ha Ha.  Knew that already, just did not want to type a long story  :biggrin:

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 06:17:10 pm »

For WCOC you can send it to rene@westerncapeoffroad.co.za just cross out the R475  saying you are using it for Amageze or country membership (R250) more the 300km from CPT. Will talk to committee see if we can do better if you guys want ?

Thanks Rene, that's perfect.

Offline Offroad2

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 01:29:06 pm »

Quick Answer
You need a MSA Club License for Amageza or any other MSA sanctioned events - first you need to join any MSA affiliated club, then take a MSA club license.

The Hantam event is now called Tankwa GPS Navigational Cross Country  - will up date as soon as possible as it is still work in progress. pls see WCOC thread listing remaining events.

Namibian Invitational is non sanctioned and no license required, only security clearance to enter Oranjemund which the organisers do when you enter.

Another event that could make it worthwhile is Ceres KB 400 Off-road ,  it is a National Off-Road within two club races back to back (Sat & Sun)

There is an option of a WOW license, also listed in the WCOC thread 2016 events.

Welcome to contact me (Clive) info@westerncapeoffroad.co.za  or club secretary  rene@westerncapeoffroad.co.za
or my cell 0829001334

No Road like Off-Road

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 03:31:05 pm »
If you didn't apply to join a club, you ain't a member. Just stating it on your application for an MSA license is a lie.

Don't worry about it Geel Kat - not the end of the world - but I can see it becoming a potential problem if someone had to claim from the MSA medical insurance. Being an insurance provider, I reckon they'd be checking all facts are correct before handing out the moola.

Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!