Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: From "Para" to Dakar.  (Read 40114 times)

Offline T9ER

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
  • Fortune favors the brave
    • Joeyevans.co.za
Re: From "Para" to Dakar.
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2016, 08:23:22 pm »
Just did the GXCC race this last weekend. It was a good track and the organization is great. I got in 4 laps during the time limit about 164km. So it was some good training. I took it easy and stayed out of the dust. My main goal is to stay as injury free as possible. I've seen so many guys struggle with injuries leading up to Dakar with all the racing and time on the bike.
 I'm struggling a bit with my right elbow. It was the one I damaged when I hit the cow. I have a titanium anchor holding the tricep and I've developed a tennis elbow type deal. Basically six weeks rest would probably sort it out but that's not an option. So it's physio and Celebrex for now.
In light of the need for more riding in new places Im planning to meet up with Walter Terblance in Swaziland for a couple days training. Also planning to pull by Pongola at the same time and do a nice long route there.
I had a fantastic Pongola 500 a couple weeks ago, it was an awesome route and to top it off a bunch of the riders donated to my Dakar dream and adding their names on the bike. I used the rally bike, super stable at speed, but u struggled with the tight turns in soft sand. Gonna need to practice that and get much better before January. No doubt I will get lots of thick sand practice at Amageza.
I've also got my logo sorted for my Tshirts and stuff so getting them designed as we speak. I will have prices and designs before the end of the month.
The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

KTM 450RR

Offline Geel Kat

« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2016, 08:29:14 pm »
 :thumleft:

enough said

Offline gser

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Gelukkig nog nie hard GeSloeg nie
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2016, 02:02:43 pm »
Lekker  ! Joey !

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Matchless (all models)
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2016, 04:17:44 pm »
Too cool!  :) 
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline T9ER

• Pack Dog
    • Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2016, 07:58:58 pm »
Did a solo ride last week about 140km of Offroad type terrain and then a 2 day adventure ride over the weekend. Nothing too hectic but a nice ride with some good okes. Big thanks to Raceworx KTM for the loan of the bike!
This coming week I'm off to Swaziland for 2 days of riding with Walter. Then I hope to get some more I'm at Pongola for a day right afterwards. Still need to organize that one.
Also seeing the dietitian on Wednesday to get my program and start sorting out my overachievement in the carboloading department.
A couple pics from the weekend.

KTM 450RR

Offline Rokie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2016, 08:13:26 am »
Also seeing the dietitian on Wednesday to get my program and start sorting out my overachievement in the carboloading department.

Lekker Joey!! Rooting for you dude!!
I'll be in touch on your website for a T-shirt . . .
Previously owned:
3 x Suzuki DR 600 (1986-ish model)
2 x Honda XR 200 (1985-ish model)

Offline T9ER

• Pack Dog
    • Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2016, 04:25:18 pm »
Had a great ride for a few days with Walter and Mike in Swaziland. Awesome guys both of them. Stoked to be on the same team with Walter at Dakar it's going to be good being with a mate. I also stopped by Pongola and had about an 80km Enduro type ride with Bruce Terblanche, another fantastic guy. Those guys are really spoilt for riding terrain out there. We had a good ride and he was patient with me on the hectic stuff. 
Just got a phone call from Riaan at KTM SA. I need to tell you guys that Riaan and Franziska from KTM SA have been super supportive of my whole Dakar dream and have gone above and beyond in helping me! They asked me what kit I still needed and would see if they can help with a couple items. I sent Riaan a very long list with cold and warm weather gear including 2 sets of boots. He has just come back to me saying they will support me with the WHOLE LIST!!!!! They are also putting me in contact with lots of guys helping me with publicity for my whole name on the bike fundraising thing. I cannot tell you guys all the stuff they have helped with.  So so impressed!!!
The ZA Biker guys have also helped me tons and we will have a short clip for social media out next week. They are also doing a worldwide press release to help me get publicity. So cool. So helpful!

As you guys know I'm raising funds by adding the names of anyone who donates onto the bike. So far I have about 40 names and raised nearly R60k. I'll be putting the names up (without amounts) on my website over the weekend along with the corporate sponsors I have so far and updating them weekly. The fund raising is a real challenge but how many guys have said they would love to do the Dakar if they had the money. I don't have it but the way I see it is it's part of the whole challenge. It's what makes the whole race nearly unachievable. It's not easy but it's not impossible. My goal is about R1.1m to cover the Dakar costs alone. So far with corporate and private I'm up to about R257 000 and all my kit sponsored. 122 days to go. Lots of money to still raise and 10kg to lose! Let's do this!!! Fortune favors the brave!

KTM 450RR

Offline Ganjora

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Drug War Veteran
« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2016, 05:16:30 pm »
When can we buy tshirts and stuff?
If i missed a post please direct me.

Offline T9ER

• Pack Dog
    • Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2016, 09:01:40 pm »
When can we buy tshirts and stuff?
If i missed a post please direct me.

Sorry bud still not yet, busy with it just with traveling a bit I haven't manage to finalize it all. The way it looks now I will be doing caps, Tshirts and buffs. Considering hoodies but they are really expensive. I got the proofs for the caps this week. They will be on black caps but the samples are white. They are fitted caps with the curve bill baseball style.

KTM 450RR

Offline Mooch

« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2016, 10:22:05 am »
Sub
If in doubt, flat out.

Offline 0012

• Double-oh-Tkwarf
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Race the rain. Ride the wind. Chase the sunset.
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2016, 12:46:46 pm »
awesome!

sub
->    TransAlp 650 - sold
:(    Yamaha XT1200Z - written off - R.I.P.

Offline Tuareg

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Braap....
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2016, 05:49:08 pm »
Subscribed.......
Good luck with the preparation & fund raising
Present: Yamaha TW 200Husaberg FE 650KTM 990 Adv RHonda XR650R
Past: KTM 450 XC-WKTM 950 Adv

Online Antonie

« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2016, 02:53:19 pm »
SUB!!

you've got ghoons man!! Well done, really a big inspiration :thumleft:

Offline Minxy

« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2016, 10:12:05 am »
Save the date and come support Joey Evans in reaching his dream of racing in the Dakar rally, he is soooooooo close! With your help he can make it there :)
ADA will be hosting a fundraising day with fun routes, activities and challenges suited for everyone, including the big adventure bikes, as well as dirt bikes.  Even if you don't ride, come out and have fun spectating, there will be food and drinks available. The event will take place at ADA in Gauteng on Saturday the 29th of October. See you there!

Link to the event:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=199129.0;topicseen

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:19:21 pm by Minxy »
*              ★.`.★   "I'm in love with a strict machine"  ★.`.★               *
www.facebook.com/barbara.muszynski/ Hit follow!
Current: KTM 950SE, Husqvarna 701, KTM 500, Honda LS 125 Previous: Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 DCT, KTM 950 SE, KTM 950 Adv, Aprilia 650 Pegaso Trail, BMW G450X, Husqvarna 350FE, KTM 690RFR
Ride Reports:
Xmas Xtreme - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233018.0 Hearts in the Desert -  http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241236.0

Offline gser

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Gelukkig nog nie hard GeSloeg nie
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2016, 11:25:02 am »
A&A will be there . . .

Offline Minxy

« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2016, 01:19:00 pm »
A&A will be there . . .

Fantastic :D
*              ★.`.★   "I'm in love with a strict machine"  ★.`.★               *
www.facebook.com/barbara.muszynski/ Hit follow!
Current: KTM 950SE, Husqvarna 701, KTM 500, Honda LS 125 Previous: Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 DCT, KTM 950 SE, KTM 950 Adv, Aprilia 650 Pegaso Trail, BMW G450X, Husqvarna 350FE, KTM 690RFR
Ride Reports:
Xmas Xtreme - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233018.0 Hearts in the Desert -  http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241236.0

Offline T9ER

• Pack Dog
    • Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2016, 06:25:20 pm »
Thanks Minxy for the post on the fundraising day. It's really going to be good and I would really appreciate it if you guys would make the effort to come out and support it. I'll keep you updated on the plans but it will be for  the whole family with activities planned for all ages.

Training wise I've had a good week, I did a ride with Gerry of about 530km last Wednesday, a lot of it was Markdivers roadbook route as well a roadbook route done by Gerry. Then on Thursday afternoon I drove up to Gabarone and stayed over at Vincent Crosbie's place. The next day, Friday, we rode 420km offroad to Serowe on the rally bike. His good mate Heinie and his girlfriend Angelique transported our enduro bikes up there for us. On the Saturday we both raced the Mmabasi 200 national offroad. Vince took the win and I came 7th overall. It was a fantastic race with tons of soft sand and turns. Then on the Sunday we rode back another 400 odd km off road to Gabs and I drove home Sunday night. I won't lie I was pretty stuffed by the end of it but no doubt better off for doing it.

I've got some big bills to pay for Dakar this month so if any of you guys are keen to put your names on the bike now would be a great time :-[
The link is
https://eventrsvp.co.za/eventlogic/paylogic/pay.aspx?refno=dakar17

thanks guys, see you out there in the dust
cheers Joey

KTM 450RR

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Commodore
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2016, 07:59:36 pm »
Joey

Man you got really big Cahoenas .... If you run they probably  go "Koedoe , Koedoe"  :spitcoffee:

If you cut of one ball you will probably loose the 10 Kg's you need to drop ... and if you sell one of those you probably will have your R1Mil ....  :lol8:

Good Luck

We will follow your progress

You are the MAN
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50

Offline T9ER

• Pack Dog
    • Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2016, 08:50:31 pm »
Joey

Man you got really big Cahoenas .... If you run they probably  go "Koedoe , Koedoe"  :spitcoffee:

If you cut of one ball you will probably loose the 10 Kg's you need to drop ... and if you sell one of those you probably will have your R1Mil ....  :lol8:

Good Luck

You are the MAN

ha ha bud! My wife was reading over my shoulder when I was looking at your reply, she got a good laugh at that!

I just saw your donation come through as well, thanks so much, really generous of you! Really awesome support!
1ougat is on the bike :thumleft: :ricky:

KTM 450RR

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Commodore
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2016, 09:06:41 pm »
Joey

Good Luck

You are the MAN

ha ha bud! My wife was reading over my shoulder when I was looking at your reply, she got a good laugh at that!

I just saw your donation come through as well, thanks so much, really generous of you! Really awesome support!
1ougat is on the bike :thumleft: :ricky:

What you have done lifts my spirit.

So only a small bit of help .... and understanding funding of such an undertaking and the impact that it has on one's  life and family , to fulfil such dreams (I did the Cape to Rio in 2014 ) my contribution is just the someone standing on the side paying it forward ... people helped me and you will help people in the future ... because I am sure of one thing , you will not return the same person from this journey you are on than the person who set out on it ... we will be watching you ... now go and make it happen  :thumleft:
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50