Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: From "Para" to Dakar.  (Read 39722 times)

Offline Knucklhead

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • aka: Mooseknuckle/ knucky/knuckles/philistine
Re: From "Para" to Dakar.
« Reply #300 on: October 02, 2017, 08:54:45 am »
me an joey here in PE...

tried to convince him that BM is better  :pot:

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #301 on: October 02, 2017, 10:07:16 am »
I'll be there at Willem and Donovan's fundraiser on Sunday. Definitely buying a book
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline BMWPE

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Port Elizabeth
« Reply #302 on: October 07, 2017, 06:01:23 pm »
Howzit okes.
The book will be officially launched on the 10/10/2017. It will be available in book stores around South Africa as well as in KTM dealerships. It is also already available online as an ebook on Amazon, Etc. You can also order direct from my website Joeyevans.co.za and I'm more than happy to sign them and add a message if you would like for yourself or perhaps a gift. Thanks as always for the support.
Cheers Joey.

Received mine  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Awesome read
Thank you
Rallye

Offline Serf

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2017, 07:43:37 am »
Joey,

I finished reading your book and it is truly inspirational. You are an exceptional person with the mental ability to go on despite what is being thrown at you! And of cause for your wife to go through all of this...

The detail in the book makes it so much more real, especially the challenges and your courage. As "spectators" we often overlook the finer challenges such as the sore bodies, long days in the saddle, wet gear etc. etc.

You made it sound almost easy to spent 18 hours riding, eat and sleep 2 hours and get back on again. Wow!!!!

Congratulations again and all the best.

PS.
As you probably know kids rather play on their phones than read a book. My son is loving the dakar (he almost count the days down to the next dakar!) so I told him that for every minute he plays on his phone he must read 2 minutes of your book. He is on page 50 something and I don't even have to force hime to read. So thanks for that help!!! But it is exams time so he will finish after the exams.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Offline T9ER

• Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
  • Fortune favors the brave
    • Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #304 on: December 02, 2017, 05:41:11 am »
Iím stoked you enjoyed it and that your son is enjoying it too!! Really cool to hear. Thanks bud.
The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

KTM 450RR

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #305 on: December 03, 2017, 05:55:18 am »
How are things going these days Joey? Settled back down into normal life yet or still very much on the motivational circuit.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline wobbler

« Reply #306 on: December 17, 2017, 12:49:08 pm »
Just finished reading the book and what a good read it was.
Truly an inspirational story.

If you have not yet got yourself a copy, do it!
You won't regret it.

Offline T9ER

• Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #307 on: December 17, 2017, 12:53:38 pm »
Just finished reading the book and what a good read it was.
Truly an inspirational story.

If you have not yet got yourself a copy, do it!
You won't regret it.

Thanks bud, stoked you enjoyed it!

KTM 450RR

Offline T9ER

• Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #308 on: December 17, 2017, 01:15:02 pm »
How are things going these days Joey? Settled back down into normal life yet or still very much on the motivational circuit.

Howzit China
Iíve been running all over doing book launches and itís been really cool but crazy hectic. Things are a bit quieter now so finally getting on top of things. Iíve hardly done any riding this year with all the crazy so thatís number one goal for next year - Ride more!!

Iím loving the keynote speaking thing and Iíve joined the Global and South African speakers associations so going to be doing the talks as a career for the foreseeable future. I have to do a fair bit of financial recovery! The book works well with it as I sell books at the talks and the books help bring in talks. Hopefully I can add some future adventures to speak about too. I would love to do the Silk Way Rally, it goes from Red Square, Russia through Mongolia to China. Itís kind of seen as the Dakar of the Far East. Maybe 2019?!? If thereís one thing Iíve learnt in the last 2 years itís that you should never be afraid to dream big!!

The future isnít written yet!!

KTM 450RR

Offline Rooi Wolf

• Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
  • Op die Hantam hoogtes..
« Reply #309 on: December 18, 2017, 12:22:49 am »
I also treated myself with a copy of your book Joey. Wow, what an inspiration!

Your story serves as a reference in my life, an your character is one of a rare, very special being. Certainly worthy of big dreams and achievements. The focus and determination within you is contagious, and certainly motivates me to also make a difference.

Thanks! 

Offline Airtime

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #310 on: December 18, 2017, 04:08:12 pm »
Hey Joey,

I read your book and the section that you speak about where Terence and I helped you out really brought a lump to my throat I must admit we really did have a special moment in the middle of nowhere.
And for you to say this made you realize your Dakar dream was really cool, I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do going forward you only deserve the best you are special.

Offline Serf

« Reply #311 on: March 19, 2018, 05:20:45 pm »
Hi Joey,

Did you ride through Bela Bela yesterday (18 march)?

Must have been a muddy ride after the rain.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Offline daveh

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #312 on: March 19, 2018, 05:58:59 pm »
Hi Joey,

Thanks for the inspiration and your book is certainly one of those that I could not put down until I finished it. Really great what you have done and achieved and how something positive can come out of a bad situation. Only just come across this post.
AT

Offline T9ER

• Joeyevans.co.za
« Reply #313 on: March 20, 2018, 06:50:33 am »
Howzit okes
Ya it was myself Nicklaus Lutzeler and Chris Ogden riding through Anele-Bela the other day.  Weíve been working out a roadbook route to do some rally training/fun weekend in May.

Also thanks for the positive feedback on the book! Itís really cool to hear each time a fellow rider enjoys it. See you out there!

KTM 450RR

Offline Minxy

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • ů‘‘Ú >^.^< ů‘‘Ú
« Reply #314 on: March 20, 2018, 02:52:23 pm »
Howzit okes
Ya it was myself Nicklaus Lutzeler and Chris Ogden riding through Anele-Bela the other day.  Weíve been working out a roadbook route to do some rally training/fun weekend in May.

Also thanks for the positive feedback on the book! Itís really cool to hear each time a fellow rider enjoys it. See you out there!

Keep us posted, sounds like fun :D :) :D
*              ★∑.∑īĮ`∑.∑★   "I'm in love with a strict machine"  ★∑.∑īĮ`∑.∑★               *
www.facebook.com/barbara.muszynski/ Hit follow!
Current: KTM 950SE, Husqvarna 701, KTM 500, Honda LS 125 Previous: Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 DCT, KTM 950 SE, KTM 950 Adv, Aprilia 650 Pegaso Trail, BMW G450X, Husqvarna 350FE, KTM 690RFR
Ride Reports:
Xmas Xtreme - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=233018.0 Hearts in the Desert -  http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241236.0

Offline Kevin_ZA

« Reply #315 on: March 20, 2018, 08:29:20 pm »
Howzit okes

Keep us posted, sounds like fun :D :) :D

Ditto.....kevin@leatherite.co.za please.
Everyone knows the saying " a day without wine is like a day without sunshine"  Truely applicable but as important - a day without my bike is like a day without sunshine !!!

Offline Amsterdam

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #316 on: March 21, 2018, 02:20:10 pm »
My son gave me a signed copy of your book last year.  Even though I followed your progress during the rally and listened to one of your talks at KTM CT last year, only reading the book brought home the enormous struggle you went through to get to the finish line.  Really loved reading it.  Every book should come with a sticker that we can fix to our bikes for when we are stuck somewhere in the sticks with a broken bike- "What would Joey do?"
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 1190 Adventure

Offline Noneking

Re: From &quot;Para&quot; to Dakar.
« Reply #317 on: June 23, 2018, 01:56:59 pm »
2007 KTM 990 S
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline gser

• Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Gelukkig nog nie hard GeSloeg nie
« Reply #318 on: June 24, 2018, 11:08:32 am »
Heroes will be heroes !