Groot Marico. You Have to do this One at Least ONCE.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Martin and i were going to join Jules and Company on Saturday at Dullstroom for the day. But due to a baby sitting problem Jules only left on Sunday to Dullstroom :( So Martin and i decided to go the Long way Round to Groot Marico and sleep over i thought that this would be fine on Fathers Day and Martin also decided he wanted to become a Father ???( Martin is the oldest Bachelor i know.)

Groot Marico.
The Village Groot Marico is situated on the river by the same name. The Voortrekkers began to settle in the region from 1845. The Groot Marico Village was only founded in 1948.
In the great world beyond, the Marico district is known,almost exclusively, as the source of many of the finest stories written by Herman Charles Bosman. The first serio-humorist in English South African literature.

About 10km west of the village is a memorial that marks the site of the Anglo-Boer War battle of Kleinfontein, fought on the 24 Ocktober 1901. In this the Boers were led by General J.H dele Rey

Also close to Die Oog and also known for it's KICK - ASS Mampoer.

Many Dolomitic caves in the district with several of the caves containing  fossilised remains of annimals.

Here are some pics of the area. WHO wants to come along next time ?

Unfortunately Martin i think will not be allowed back in the Pub. Earlier the Saturday there were 4 young girls working in the bar and serving customers when he made a booking for us for supper. Later that evening he was wanting the Pub owner to get the girls to come and join him and then found out that they were the Daughters of the Pub owner ::)

Here are some pics of the roads ;)