WC Allternative Ride 16-06-2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprocketbek

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
My initial fears were that everybody had not got the revised start time, it was changed from 09:00 to 08:00 on rather short notice. Not to worry, seems everybody got the message. Everybody was not quite prompt but I sure needed the chance to have a cup of coffee.

Sky was overcast but cleared the further we went North. South-Easter picked up later.

XR660R can explain the dorpies and route, I just post pics. We were 9 riders, Andy950, the Wes, GoGirl, thys, Giraffe, pistonpete, myself, XT660R and Mark Hardy.

The tracks were expected to be wet and soon enough thys was the first victim. I was behind him and it was the most spectacular fall I've seen. The KLR's handlebars went all droopy but help was close at hand.
16_04B-1.jpg

After having a wheel in each spoor he tried to do a 360 and nearly hit the doringdraad.
16_05B.jpg

The Wes decided to feel what the Dark Side is all about and had a spin on Mark's bike.
16_08B.jpg

Smokebreak: not many and very short, lots of ground to cover.
16_12B.jpg

As expected, the puddles did not disappoint:
16_19B.jpg

16_17B.jpg

16_16B.jpg

16_15B.jpg

16_14B.jpg

Some fallen trees obscured the path but we managed to flatten them enough to get over them.
16_25B.jpg

16_24B.jpg

16_20B.jpg

My trip was however cut short by a very sick sounding 640. Expensive sounding noises from the engine........
Nursed it to the N7 about 45 km north of Malmesbury and had to phone a friend. Prompt service from Ron despite a major Father's Day Babelaas!
16_29B.jpg