Air Box Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bommelina

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
A Question to Owners / Operators of the 690 GayTeeEm  ;D

I have a 2010 model 690R (Also known as the PitBike) with 70 000km on the odeo meter. Lately when I service the bike I found a substantial amount of oil in the air box. Is this normal? Sign of things to come? Reason? Prevention?

Short history of the PitBike:
Bought it new in 2010 - KTM did all the services while under guarantee.

• When the guarantee expires after two years with about 25k on the clock, I replaced the standard KTM oil filter elements with these stainless steel mesh reusable washable type. (Donated by a friend in Canada)
• At about 40k, I replaced the air filter paper element with one of those foam type washable reusable type. (Bought cheaply at Touratech in Germany)
• Al the oil changes done after the guarantee expired, was done by me at a regular basis as specified by KTM using the very expensive overpriced oil as recommended by KTM.

Attached is a picture of the oil in the air box since the last service appr. 7k ago. (KTM reccomend a service at every 7500km for this model bike)
The depth of oil at the corner is about 12mm. The bike is standing a bit more lean over than normal due to a bent side stand bracket.

Attachments

• AirBox.jpg
    AirBox.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 146