BMW GS80 (or HPN) replica project for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkinoff

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I've made a huge mistake selling my PD as per attached pic - my gat het gejeuk and I gave it away because it rides kak compared to my other bikes. Plan was to build a dream (1979 ISDT GS80 replica as per other attached pic) but it's not going to happen as I'm busy with another project. I tend to overspend on my projects anyway and can't afford to have more than 2 at a time otherwise I risk going bankrupt.

The frame and engine numbers match, the bike is registered and on the road but it needs a lot to even commence the project.

The package consists of:

1: R80/7 frame with replica HPN strengthening brackets professionally performed by Willie "Airhead" and his uncle. DR400 front suspension in scratched condition fitted - rim has smiley. Will include HP2 USD forks. R80/7 engine (original starter as well as brand new Valeo) with matching numbers and gearbox, condition not certain but Willie "Airhead" says it's good.
2: Swing arm with machined aluminium 50mm lengthening block. This is not the ideal way to lengthen the swing arm because its cheap and nasty but easy. Correct way would be to do it properly by cutting and welding the swing arm like HPN does. Standard drive shaft included, condition unknown but Willie "Airhead" says it's good.
3: Cheap but brand new "Forsa" rear shocks.
4: Final drive and wheel but no brake shoes.
5: Period (1979 ISDT) looking fuel tank and head light.
6: Wiring harness with switch gear fittings and levers excluding gauges and instruments.
7: Brand new set of crash bars including fittings plus extra set without mounting fittings.
8: Willie Airhead's aluminium bash plate.

Any offers over R25 000? Sometimes it's best to cut your losses so even this is negotiable. Most of the scarce stuff like stand, foot peg assemblies, headers exhausts etc has been cannibalized by the previous owner but for the project in mind it would not have been used anyway.

Attachments

• GS80.jpg
    GS80.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 794
  • 20160320_094949.jpg
    20160320_094949.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 795