Nimmo's EC Bash Baviaans 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIMMO

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
EC Bash 2016 Baviaans

The last parts I wanted to fit to the bike only arrived after 17H00 so it was a late night on Wednesday.  :-\  I left Colesberg Thursday morning just past eight. The previous time I did the EC Bash I hit tar to Cradock and then swung onto gravel and spent that night in PE.
I was hoping to do gravel all the way this time.  Leaving Colesberg I swung onto the Groenfontein road that leads to Schoombee.  Less than 5km in the first part came loose on the 990.  :deal:  I stopped at a friend’s farm and was quickly helped to fasten the mirror.  The air was crisp and no wind, life was good.

IMG_4492 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4494 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

I made good time and thoroughly enjoyed the ride after a hectic week or so.  From Schoombee I crossed the R56 and headed to Cradock on the road leading to Marlow.

IMG_4495 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

I had just the night before managed to deliver a bike to a friend of mine in Beroda for his son. (With that said – thanks again Transporter MUCH appreciated  :thumleft:).  I popped in for some coffee and rusks and was on my way within 30minutes.  From Cradock I took the Swaershoekspass road towards Summerset East.  The roads were a gem.  :biggrin:

IMG_4497 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4500 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4502 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4505 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4506 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4509 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4511 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

At Sumerset East I received some Wapp’s suggesting the new bike would not make it so I replied. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

IMG_4514 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4513 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

The previous time I took the R335 the wildlife was plentiful so this section I took at a leisurely pace, this was also by far the worst section of road so far.

IMG_4515 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr