Another bike sale Gumtree scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildWood

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I put my 690 on Gumtree on Thursday and got this reply. First an sms from a number that doesn't exist and then these two emails.

First reply:

Hi,my name is Angonessa i'm originally from South Africa but i currently live in Netherlands ,I am interested in buying it and i would like to get it as soon as i can. i would appreciate if you can answer the few questions below:

what is the final price ?

How long have you owned it?

I won't be able to view it but can you guarantee me it is in a good condition?

Sorry about the too much of question. I hope to hear from you soon, and i will make all transportation preparations for it to be transported to my home in Netherlands If possible can you send me some recent picture of it?
Cheers
i there,  Thanks for getting back,
Latest reply

The price is quite satisfactory and the bike seems to be in good working condition,I would have loved to come for an inspection of the bike but I am working away from the country at this time as I am working on a Rig in the Tasman presently.

I am willing to buy the bike at your requested price and arrange the pick-up of the bike with a Private transport company which would be transporting the bike down to my home in Netherlands, I do not have internet banking over here, but my Bank account is linked with my Paypal account so I am able to send payment to your PayPal account directly and I will pay the Paypal fees too, I had used them a couple times on eBay and they seem quite secure, in order for me to secure the payment of the vehicle,I would require the details below from you;

Your PayPal EMail Address :
Full Name : Total price:

Does the bike require any repairs at all ?

Cheers

They have used the name of a local artist, Angonessa Esterhuizen who appears to live in Boksburg and from what I managed to gleam from researching hers and her friends Facebook pages is alive and well living in Boksburg. Photos of her there on Friday. Her email is [email protected] and the crooks have used [email protected] . I assume she is not part of the scam and have tried to send a Facebook message but received no reply.

How do we put a stop to this shit. They aren't even original. Same old story of working on a rig etc........

Whlle I'm here, anybody want to buy a mint condition 2013 690?