A new Adventure Riding TV Programme in the making

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightwind

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Good morning Dogs.

Background:
I was watching a few old episodes of "Look what you are missing" and even one or two from "Woema". Nice, but personally I think it lacks the "normal person views" and the excitement of Adventure Riding itself. Good and well to see the 2 guys jumping on 2 bikes, after chatting a little about the bikes itself. Then the next scene is where they stop at a museum /waterfall /viewpoint in the mountains etc. Getting off and chatting about it is nice. But I do not see a lot from the ride. And from any other normal bikers.

So here's the idea:
I need you, the Wild Dogs to send me a one pager summary of the route/trail/road YOU and your mates like to ride. Whether all dirt or all tar or a mixture there-of. I will send you a template of the things I want in the summary. I will then select 3x of these, make contact with the Dog who sent it in and arrange for a day and date for capturing a ride like this.
I will bring a professional camera crew who will cover the whole ride. From the get together, the chatting before the ride, maybe a coffee at the get-together point while waiting for the other; then the trip to the destination. Highlights of the route will be captured. The obstacles, the scenery that YOU as biker see, the helping each other etc etc. At the destination point, you might be having breakfast, or having a braai at a braai that was installed by the other Dogs, or even eating Skaapkop. The whole adventure!
THAT is what I want to capture. The experience of Adventure Riding!

Later on we will extend it to overnight routes, the camping, the set-up, the tour etc.

The first three episodes will be day outings and will be selected, captured and edited (I will send each of you who were involved a personalized copy on DVD). The initial capturing will be done by a personal friend of mine, Eugene Nagel of Chillipix, who was involved in the shooting of the GS Trophee earlier this month.

I then will send the episodes in to obtain sponsorships and get time on a TV channel.
If successful, we will work on capturing the rest of the episodes.

Please PM me with your thoughts and also whether you want to send in an abstract of a route. Please note that YOU and your friends will be the stars in the show; NOT a presenter.

Thanks