Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Looking for kle500 front forks  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Andrepot

• Puppy
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
Looking for kle500 front forks
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:07:00 pm »
Im looking for some parts for my kle 500 rebuild. Here is a list if anyone can help me

Front forks
Front wheel hub
Side panel under seat
Fairings on tank
Clutch and brake leavers

A Bike is a mans best friend

Offline Crab

Re: Looking for kle500 front forks
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:22:54 pm »
I think that the KLR fork tube is the same diameter as the KLE. The KLR front disc has a smaller diameter though. KLR fork does not have the mudguard mounting points. Chat to LeonDude as he is breaking up a KLR, might be worth considering. Clutch and brake levers are probably the same as KLE.
Jurgen might be able to tell you what will fit, he is quite the KLR expert.

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=192665.msg3574843#msg3574843
Look for a shooting star and see Lynda's trail and remember all the great places you shared with her,she will never forget what she shared with you and will show you that in every starry night .

Offline lecap

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 08:49:51 am »
The KLE's inner fork tubes already come in two different versions. Although they look the same externally (41mm) and have the same length they differ in i.d. Besides that there are slight differences in the damper inserts too.

As far as I know the inner tubes of the first generation KLE 400 /500 are the same as on the KLR650C. The second generation KLE uses the KLR650E fork tubes.

The outer fork tubes of the KLE are model specific due to the front fender mounts and the different brake caliper mounts.

You could theoretically use a set of KLR650E forks, the front brake disc and the caliper with a KLR650E front wheel and its brake disc in a KLE. You would have to fit a high KLR style mud guard. Probably easier and cheaper to fix your stuff.

The clutch and brake levers on the KLE are not the same as on the KLR. The KLR again uses different levers older models A, Tengai and C have identical levers, E has different ones.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline Andrepot

• Puppy
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 09:55:25 am »
I have found a guy in knysna with forks . They have a 2006 model they are stripping for spares. Will a 2006 model fit my 91 model KLE? . Basically i only need the one fork ? .

Thanks for the replies

Offline lecap

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 10:55:52 am »
Easiest would be to swop the complete fork legs and both. Externally they are the same. Internally not at all.

I have front wheel hubs. Do you need the wheel laced & trued?
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline Andrepot

• Puppy
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 06:03:17 pm »
I need a front wheel hub and fitted. Please send me a pm on cost . On the front fork im thinking of having the crack welded then taking the whole front suspenion to mp customs for straigtening.

What do you guys say about welding on aluminium?

Offline Andrepot

• Puppy
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 06:04:09 pm »
I need a front wheel hub and fitted. Please send me a pm on cost . On the front fork im thinking of having the crack welded then taking the whole front suspenion to mp customs for straigtening.

What do you guys say about welding on aluminium?

Offline Andrepot

• Puppy
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 07:08:36 pm »
Today was my lucky day. Found a pair of forks for R1000. I still need need the rest if anybody can assist.

Offline LRFan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 09:23:04 pm »
Andre was Saterdag in Knysna, hulle het nog die 2 voor fairings en linker fairing onder seat dink die levers is ook nog daar
dit is by Motorcycle graveyard of try BF Motorcycles.

Offline lecap

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 12:21:48 pm »
As mentioned I have front hubs for all KLE400 & KLE500 as well as all KLR650. I can colour match it to your hub if you want this, most of my hubs are flat black (KL650A / KL650E).

The price for disassembling your wheel, cleaning the spoke and nipple threads and building a new wheel depends entirely on the condition of the spokes. It could be anything between R 1,000 and R 2,000 and more depending on the amount of rot and on optional extras like cadmium plating of the spokes and nipples.

A new front rim (Excel) for a KLR / KLE currently is R1,505. A bent rim will never be 100% after straightening and re - lacing it. There is always a (good) chance that a straightened aluminium rim will develop a hair line crack. Any damage which goes beyond the shoulder and into the bed of the rim is generally beyond repair.

Offline Ewald

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 07:31:13 am »
Hi,

I see you found front forks ? I have a set front forks should yours not work. I also have the following.

1. Front light.
2. Front fairing - the covers on both sides of the light.
3. Front mudguard.

Offline jsvpta

• Bike: Kawasaki KLE 500
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 09:31:46 pm »
Stel belang  in front fearing