BoosterPlug on Triumph 800XC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
I kew that the 800XC goes well in stock form, but would anything make it go better? It goes really well already, so why bother?

Nonetheless, as an experiment Les fitted a BoosterPlug to his 800XC with aftermarket pipe and filter. He is quite pedantic and proud of his bike (the best bike on the market), and I (F800GS) was repeatedly asked when I am getting a "real" bike then. I just smiled - because he had to remove "24 screws" in order to get to the airbox under the tank, and of course re fit. Fortunately installing the BoosterPlug itself is plug and play, as easy as can be.

His response after fitting a BoosterPlug:
sip Die ding (booster plug) maak 'n moeviese verskil, ek moet nou weer van voor af die bike leer ry  spitcoffee
Should I say more? Gone is the sensitive throttle, and it really goes well. The 800 is very tractable at low rpm, but now it is even more. Idle is stronger, and it runs cooler.
Len wanted to fit, test and return, but he has told me that the BoosterPlug is staying! Go figure...

Attachments

• BoosterPlug.jpg
    BoosterPlug.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 250