The tool set that comes with the bike is lacking Africca Twin 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanti

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Just a heads up to those who haven't inspected your tool set that came with the bike - there are no tools for removing the rear wheel or front wheel- better go purchase yourself a 22mm and a 27mm spanner or tire spoons with those ends - I just assumed the bikes tool kit would come with at least the ability to change the tire - all of my bikes have had this in the standard tool kit from KLR's to CRF250s to XT500 - probably couldn't fit in that measly little box next to the battery - Africa Twin ITS REALLY CUTTING CORNERS !!!!!!!!!!
The little JIS screwdriver is very important - philips srewdrivers can also potentially harm a tight screw
Whats the 19mm ring spanner for ?

Lets get some good suggestions up for a decent kit ( AFRICA TWIN 2016 specific )

Mine would have a 22mm and 27mm combo tire spoon set .. possibly a rim saver for those gold wheels
bolts I have found that could be tightened / un-tightened on the road 8mm , 10mm ,13mm ( my bolts for the crashbars came with them ) , 14mm , bike came with a 19mm open - not sure where this fits on the bike yet .
Definitely a spare JIS screwdriver
Some suggested a 32 mm for the axle nuts ( no sure If I will go down that road )
Allen keys - don't know the sizes - fiddled around till I got the right ones out of my tool box , there are three different sizes
Spare head light bulb - from Honda if available yet .
Various more fuses than the one or two extra provided - cant be bothered to check - book says main fuse 30A , 20A ,15A,10A and a 7.5
Cir clip pliers if you have a centre stand plus a few cir clips spare to fit
spare plug - SILMA8A95 NGK x 4 and spark plug remover

NON AFRICA TWIN SPECIFIC
The rest of the gear its just your normal tyre chaning bits and fixes on the road stuff
Soap talc powder , patches , glue , spare front and back tube ( do you guys carry more ? )
A mini compressor - is there a decent quality one that is small and fits into a cigarette lighter charger ?
Small cable ties , large cable ties , gaffer tape , electrical take , pratleys steel set  , locktite , siphoning hose for petrol 2m
Various sizes hose clamps , superglue , spare front and rear brake pads ( for longer out of the country journeys )
Softwire and a leatherman , Jumper leads - ( anyone know if the DCT will even start successfully with a jump start and wont fry up the sensors etc )
Bead pro beadbraker hinges x set ali or steel not sure . Metal tyre pressure guage .

Please add or remove with a valid comment
cheers all and happy riding this awesome bike