Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wie Koop Kontant? Who Buys Cash?  (Read 20165 times)

Offline popipants

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • I came; I saw; I slept
Re: Wie Koop Kontant? Who Buys Cash?
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2016, 12:16:35 pm »
Almost everything with us is on credit.

For example you have cash in the bank earning 7% interest.
Buy everything on the credit card no interest over 30 to 60 days. Differs from card to card / bank to bank.
Thus you buy with the banks money and don't pay interest and you earn interest on you deposit for an extra 30 or 60 days.

Are you saying that the bank loses money while you score? Go do your maths again, somewhere they'll get you with cardcharges or fees.
Nope, bank gets money from merchant for transaction fee. You only pay your yearly card fee, which isn't very much.
The only problem with the above logic is to stick to it. You need to settle the account before interest it charged.
And you need to control how much you spend.

It's also a good way of building a credit rating (in case you need it one day).
Banks love it when you borrow money and pay it back again (even if it's before they get interest). The movement on your credit cards increases your score.
I've been on the Jameson diet for a week, so far I've lost 7 days....

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2016, 01:10:20 pm »
I never buy new, but use the bond if I have to as it is cheap finance and I have direct control over the cash flow situation........ I do not often finance with a dealer as the interest is just too much.... but when I have to I make sure term is 36 mths max.
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline Lem

« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2016, 01:24:00 pm »
Ek het vir 8 jaar vir kommissie gewerk. Vroeg in daai tyd het het ek in die skuldmaak strik getrap. Twee of drie slegte maande in 'n ry en jys in jou moer.

Ek stem nie saam met die woorde skuldmaak strik nie.  Soos Manic uitwys is dit nie sleg om teen skuld te koop nie.
Die strik waarin ek voel baie mense trap is die cashflow of finansiele beplanning strik.
Baie mense koop op skuld tot op hulle limiet en as dinge dan skeef loop dan loop dit behoorlik skeef.

Daars in die kommissie beroepe hierdie kak gedagte van ... "as jy nie skuld het nie raak jy laks en dan werk jy nie hard genoeg nie" 

Soos jy die "strik" hierbo verduidelik het is presies hoe ek dit bedoel het  :thumleft:
Faith is not knowing what the future holds, it's knowing who holds the future

Offline kwassi

« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2016, 01:25:17 pm »

Buy everything on the credit card no interest over 30 to 60 days. Differs from card to card / bank to bank.
Thus you buy with the banks money and don't pay interest and you earn interest on you deposit for an extra 30 or 60 days.

Are you saying that the bank loses money while you score? Go do your maths again, somewhere they'll get you with cardcharges or fees.
Nope, bank gets money from merchant for transaction fee. Correct but out of my point of view I don't pay anything. We are talking about consumers not retailers here. But the bank do make money on the admin fee and remember the deposit they take and on lend it. Not everything

You only pay your yearly card fee, which isn't very much. Correct, monthly these days

The only problem with the above logic is to stick to it. You need to settle the account before interest it charged.
And you need to control how much you spend.
Correct

It's also a good way of building a credit rating (in case you need it one day).
Banks love it when you borrow money and pay it back again (even if it's before they get interest). The movement on your credit cards increases your score.
100%

Solo travellers should not be considered unsociable, they are expressing their independence until they choose to do otherwise.

Offline kwassi

« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2016, 01:29:43 pm »

So let me explain.

On your cheque account they make the monthly fee and in certain cases transaction fee, deposit fee and withdrawl fee. Dependent on the bank. Now that deposit even if it is on a call account it is still there a couple of days even if it is not everything. They take that money and lend it to somebody else. So they give you for example 3% and charge somebody else 10% for example.

And on the credit card as mentioned they get the monthly fee and the merchant fee. The bonus is the interest you pay on the credit card.
Solo travellers should not be considered unsociable, they are expressing their independence until they choose to do otherwise.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2016, 06:10:27 pm »
Bike op skuld koop is nie vir my erg nie.

Wat wel erg is, is die volgende pics.
Dit vandag in die winkel geneem.
En glo my, duisende mense koop so elke dag.

R599 becomes how much................?

R2249 becomes how much................?

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2016, 06:26:22 pm »

Hierdie winkels is gereeld in die moeilikheid oor hulle die wet op huurkoop ortree.
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline MegaPix

« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2016, 07:11:36 pm »
Al my bikes cash gekoop
my kar ook nou.  Maar dis reeds 'n 6j oue kar

Kan nie nuut beksotig nie
Kobus Schoeman
www.ksphoto.co.za
Highveld, CENTURION 
Bike:  First ever - Big Boy 200  XTG, KLR 650, latest buy... Suzuki DL650 V Strom ***SOLD***

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2016, 07:34:17 pm »
Al my bikes cash gekoop

moenie sleg voel nie, ek het nou die dag 'n 20 jaar oue bottel whisky ook gekoop, kannie nuwer bekostig nie  ;)

Offline MegaPix

« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2016, 07:37:11 pm »
Al my bikes cash gekoop

moenie sleg voel nie, ek het nou die dag 'n 20 jaar oue bottel whisky ook gekoop, kannie nuwer bekostig nie  ;)

Jy sien ek soek ook daai whisky , maar ek sal daai bottel moet finance
Kobus Schoeman
www.ksphoto.co.za
Highveld, CENTURION 
Bike:  First ever - Big Boy 200  XTG, KLR 650, latest buy... Suzuki DL650 V Strom ***SOLD***

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2016, 07:51:06 pm »
Al my bikes cash gekoop

Jy sien ek soek ook daai whisky , maar ek sal daai bottel moet finance
:thumleft: :lol8:

Offline 2wdrift

« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2016, 11:45:31 pm »
I am in the fortunate position that I have been able to buy all my vehicles cash, apart from those I inherited (luckily paid off already).

So I have bought one new vehicle cash, my old 1190R. For the rest I prefer buying used and buying cash, if I cant pay cash I cant pay period. This might change soon thanks to the guvment screwing the economy and country though...
XR650R the one and only
Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.  ~Stirling Moss

Don't worry my stutter is also bilingual...

Offline Copernicus

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • Crossroads in the dirt.
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2016, 10:55:26 am »

R599 becomes how much................?

R2249 becomes how much................?

Kyk, hierdie is darem nou vir jou 'n klomp skelms.  Die rentekoers is maar net daar om die prentjie te voltooi, dit het niks met die bedrae tedoen nie.  En op die eerste een is die rentekoers aansienlik hoer as die tweede (ek het nie die somme gedoen nie).  Rentekoers lyk nader aan so 80%.

Is sulke advertensies wettig?  En wie is die arme mense wat daardeur gevang word?  Dit lyk my die 'nuwe' middelklas word deur skuld bepaal, aangehelp deur onkunde.  Dit is niks tedoen met bates nie.
I started biking as an under achiever and it went downhill from there...

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2016, 11:41:05 am »
Kyk, hierdie is darem nou vir jou 'n klomp skelms.  

:eek7: Im in the wrong business it seems!

Unbelievable that they can get away with it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:41:33 am by BlueBull2007 »
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2016, 01:51:55 pm »
die ding is, daar's insurance en admin kostes ook by en veral op kleiner aankope maak dit die produk baie duur - die armstes word gespyker :-[

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2016, 01:53:15 pm »
die ding is, daar's insurance en admin kostes ook by en veral op kleiner aankope maak dit die produk baie duur - die armstes word gespyker :-[

Hy word dalk gespyker, maar kontant sou hy nie sulke smart potte gehad het om in sop te kook nie......

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2016, 03:58:19 pm »

Of hy betaal net 1 pmt en nooit weer nie, dan moet die ander suckers vir daai knock betaal.

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2016, 04:40:21 pm »

Of hy betaal net 1 pmt en nooit weer nie, dan moet die ander suckers vir daai knock betaal.

dis reg - my tuinier, wat op my erf bly, het ten spyte daarvan dat ek aangebied het om vir hom geld te leen (werk 10 jaar vir my) by van die skelms 'n klomp goed gaan koop - yskas, HiFi etc - hy is toe dood aan AIDS/TB - die fokken winkels het moerse dreigbriewe gestuur - hy het hulle omtrent R16k geskuld - sy broer trek toe in sy kamer in en werk nou vir my - ek het die klomp eisers in hulle moer gestuur - sy broer score nou lekker
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:41:18 pm by Bundu »

Offline MegaPix

« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2016, 07:44:02 pm »

dis reg - my tuinier, wat op my erf bly, het ten spyte daarvan dat ek aangebied het om vir hom geld te leen (werk 10 jaar vir my) by van die skelms 'n klomp goed gaan koop - yskas, HiFi etc - hy is toe dood aan AIDS/TB - die fokken winkels het moerse dreigbriewe gestuur - hy het hulle omtrent R16k geskuld - sy broer trek toe in sy kamer in en werk nou vir my - ek het die klomp eisers in hulle moer gestuur - sy broer score nou lekker

Snaaks hulle het nie aaangedring op Customer aprotection nie.  Dan was die qgoed klaar betaal die dag toe hy  peg
Kobus Schoeman
www.ksphoto.co.za
Highveld, CENTURION 

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2016, 07:52:34 pm »

Snaaks hulle het nie aaangedring op Customer aprotection nie.  Dan was die qgoed klaar betaal die dag toe hy  peg

ek weet nie, dalk was daar, maar die fokkers het aanhou briewe stuur, omdat hy obviously nie meer betaal het nie en ek stuur toe vir hulle doodsertifikaat - hulle my toe nog paar keer gepla en ek toe hulle per email uitmekaargevloek, wat hulle toe wakker gemaak het