Angry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TREVALLY

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I have not been active on the forum for a long time, mainly because i let go of my trusted steed some time back.  On wednesday morning i left my office at about 8.45 am on my way to a site inspection. As i reversed out the driveway i noticed my long time friend, colleague and riding mate TKRider at the stop street. Astride his beautiful 990s in full AGATT with saddle bags loaded i acknowledged that he is more than likely off to a site inspection in rural Transkei as we are in the same industry and spend hours and hours on the road.

While travelling i received a call at 9.30am from Jason at my office. TKRider is down.............

As i am writing this my emotions once again begin to take over, mainly wth sadness covered by extreme anger.

On the N2 just south of Qumbu TK had been T Boned by a TLB (digger loader). He was riding behind a truck which was travelling at low speed up the incline. There were no visual restrictions for anyone. An open stretch of road! This "operator" thought he could take the gap across the on coming traffic between the truck and the motorcycle into an illegal dirt access road on the side of the N2. The bucket of the TLB was at a level where it hit TK on the right thigh and scooped him into the culvert.

Suffering massive trauma to his Femur TK was transferred by government EMS to Dr Malizo Mpehle hospital in Tsolo. Through the unbelievable network of community togetherness in Mthatha TK was transfered to our Life hospital in Mthatha by private ambulance supported by a top class paramedic and doctor.

My friend went into surgery at 4.30 that afternoon. He never came back!! TKRider slipped away while in ICU.

Why the anger?  ............lawlessness, total disregard for any rule of law, " it is my right to drive what and where i want to" is the common perception. No common sence stupidity!!! An absolutly devistated wife left behind.

"Motorcycles are dangerous !" Bullshit. Retards and stupid Ars............les are dangerous. We have a saying here for people like this machine operator who make life changing, dangerous , stupid decisions - Mqundu!!!