Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: "I was here" stickers  (Read 4839 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: "I was here" stickers
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2016, 06:17:42 pm »
I past stickers as I intend going back to remove them one day. Tests my memory. Can I still find them.

:imaposer: duidelik is EK dwaas!

Inderdaad!

#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33°54.712 E018°28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2016, 10:16:03 pm »
:peepwall:
WHY .....what are you trying to prove  ???

I hate stickers on things ....
...however, a bit of red paint, now THAT'S more my style...  ;)
Do you still leave that cute "Flying Brick" confetti on the paving where you deliver?
Not sure what you mean, seriously?
Cheers
Chris
bike@flyingbrick.co.za CHRISTOPER L 021 510 6455  service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455
sales@flyingbrick.co.za ANDRE 021 510 6455
orders@flyingbrick.co.za WERNER 021 510 6455
info@flyingbrick.co.za CHRIS G

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2016, 12:26:19 pm »
I personally LOVE stickers but not on road signs and places like the Swartberg as behind that specific sign there is important information not to overcook it in the next corner which is pretty damn sharp.......who would of known  :ricky:

At least with the recent veldbrand most signs were burnt to a crisp and so did the stickers  :lamer:
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline EtienneXplore

• previously KnopKop
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
    • www.etiennexplore.com
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2016, 12:32:49 pm »
Sho!
The results so far has been pretty even!

Yeah, I think when there is a "dedicated" place to write your name or add your sticker, then is it cool to do so. Many bars / pubs etc have this and it adds great character to the place. The sign Leo posted does look nasty though.

Online Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Braaap!
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2016, 08:44:56 pm »
Instead of a sticker, people should leave a R200 note with prestik.
I'd be more than happy to remove it for all the people who were there before me.

On a serious note, stick your stickers on your top box, take a photos of your accomplishment, but leave nature as it was intended. Natural.
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline >>Thump°C

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2016, 08:17:27 am »
Instead of a sticker, people should leave a R200 note with prestik.
I'd be more than happy to remove it for all the people who were there before me.

On a serious note, stick your stickers on your top box, take a photos of your accomplishment, but leave nature as it was intended. Natural.
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Boys will be Boys.
And girls are darn thankful for that

Offline GRIM

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2016, 09:42:24 am »

Because there's nothing more natural than roadsigns  :biggrin:

For me,the back is fine, gives me something to read while I'm waiting, but sticking them on the front is annoying.
Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Online Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Forum Whore
  • Braaap!
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2016, 09:53:59 am »
Ha ha, okay, I see your point, the back of road signs is fine, but soon, it will have a "Bring back your long lost lover" sticker.
I say we should start ticking stickers on the eToll gantries. Those are an eye-sore.

Because there's nothing more natural than roadsigns  :biggrin:

For me,the back is fine, gives me something to read while I'm waiting, but sticking them on the front is annoying.
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2016, 11:45:52 am »
Why do you ride? If it is to tell others about it-- fine, put up a sticker, put it on FB...
If you ride for yourself and your enjoyment-- enjoy the memories :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2016, 11:57:24 am »
Im one of those okes..

Pull out a sticker and pluk it somewhere infront of me and you will be getting hell.

Its littering, its annoying, its pretentious .. who gives a fuck if you have been there.

Ive been up Kili, ive been to the great wall of China and its the same everywhere you go, assholes who think its cool to leave behind some mark to show complete strangers who come along .. what exactly.

I was hiking in kirstenboash the other day and some tit decided to declare his love on a gorgeous rock in a river, spoiling everyones view for years to come. Is that quite the same as putting a sticker on the back of a road sign.. yes, you are not a school kid putting stickers on the back of your bedroom door, grow the fuck up you are an adult..

Ive seen personalised wild Dog stickers around.. personally I think that they are just assholes with ego issues.

and that is me being polite about it..

rant off.. thank god its Friday.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline >>Thump°C

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 12:03:48 pm »
Nothing Fuzzy about that, LOL
Boys will be Boys.
And girls are darn thankful for that

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 12:05:00 pm »
 :laughing4:

fok, im just in a bad mood cos all my mates are out riding and my bike is sitting on the trailer outside my work.. waiting for 4pm.. lol
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Online Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Forum Whore
  • Braaap!
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2016, 12:11:28 pm »
It's only okay if you are a herbal practitioner. Then it's "guerrilla marketing"

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2016, 02:47:43 pm »
Im one of those okes..

Pull out a sticker and pluk it somewhere infront of me and you will be getting hell.

Its littering, its annoying, its pretentious .. who gives a fuck if you have been there.

Ive been up Kili, ive been to the great wall of China and its the same everywhere you go, assholes who think its cool to leave behind some mark to show complete strangers who come along .. what exactly.

I was hiking in kirstenboash the other day and some tit decided to declare his love on a gorgeous rock in a river, spoiling everyones view for years to come. Is that quite the same as putting a sticker on the back of a road sign.. yes, you are not a school kid putting stickers on the back of your bedroom door, grow the fuck up you are an adult..

Ive seen personalised wild Dog stickers around.. personally I think that they are just assholes with ego issues.

and that is me being polite about it..

rant off.. thank god its Friday.

So the real question that comes to mind is did you put your sticker on "Kili" and the "great wall of China" We would love to go stand on that exact spot one day when we are big.
Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660