Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Winterberg Liquorland National Enduro  (Read 1443 times)

Offline edgy

Winterberg Liquorland National Enduro
« on: June 07, 2016, 08:19:56 pm »
So it's happening in PE on Saturday, my youngster is entered for his 1st(15) Must say the weather looking rather dismal :'( Who else entered or spectating?
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline Rossdog

Re: Winterberg Liquorland National Enduro
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 09:28:15 am »
How did your son do Edgy?
'69 Model.

Offline edgy

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 12:33:03 pm »
He did very well thx Ross but due to my own misinterpretation of the course he was disqualified for missing one timed section, he was cruising though and should easily have won the Club Juniors :thumleft: So frustrating but I think great experience and a confidence boost
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline J-dog

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 12:36:05 pm »
He did very well thx Ross but due to my own misinterpretation of the course he was disqualified for missing one timed section, he was cruising though and should easily have won the Club Juniors :thumleft: So frustrating but I think great experience and a confidence boost

Didn't make it this year (Aston Bay  :big grin:)

Well done to the lightie!

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 12:39:34 pm »

:thumleft:
'69 Model.

Offline edgy

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 04:26:02 pm »
A few awesome pics I found from a photographer that was there of Tristan :biggrin:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 05:24:46 pm »
Nice! Looks like you found a 200 then?
'69 Model.

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 05:25:35 pm »
Your son has a nice riding style. Up on the pegs!
'69 Model.

Offline edgy

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 05:40:21 pm »
Yip I found a 200 with only 20 odd hours on, 2015 :thumleft:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline J-dog

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 05:43:25 pm »
Edgy, how does the 200 compare to the 250 or 300?

I rode one once, but can't remember  :eek7:

Offline edgy

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 05:52:21 pm »
Janet I find the 200 a lot easier to ride and especially technical type terrain as its a smaller bike than both the 250/300 as it shared the same frame as the 125. I love the 300 in general and certainly a much more exciting bike to ride but obviously also more of a handful when the going gets rough. I'm not a big guy and my son who is 15 is still quite small so the 200 perfect!
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline J-dog

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 05:56:02 pm »
Janet I find the 200 a lot easier to ride and especially technical type terrain as its a smaller bike than both the 250/300 as it shared the same frame as the 125. I love the 300 in general and certainly a much more exciting bike to ride but obviously also more of a handful when the going gets rough. I'm not a big guy and my son who is 15 is still quite small so the 200 perfect!

:thumleft:

I found the 300 very tall, as I am also a short shit. Especially trying to get going again after a fall/stall/traffic on a steep slope.

I'm keen to get back into endure, now that I have more time and lost 20kg  :big grin:

Maybe the 200 would be perfect.

Offline J-dog

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 05:58:08 pm »
Oh, and sorry for the hijack. And again, well done to the lightie. It's a tough race. My son Reece did it when he was 16, and did really well, until he broke his clutch lever.  ???

Nice to be young and fit I guess!

Offline J-dog

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 05:58:54 pm »
Oh, and the 20kg I lost...Mostly from the boobs  :biggrin:

Offline edgy

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 06:03:22 pm »
:imaposer:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline Rossdog

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 03:54:23 pm »
Just do it Janet!
'69 Model.

Offline Sithe

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 03:53:14 pm »