Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 640 Adventure to Rally  (Read 2505 times)

Offline MaxThePanda

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • As in 'Even more Panda'. Also likes sharks.
    • Team 525
Re: 640 Adventure to Rally
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 09:10:39 pm »
Rally is hard on a bike. You will crash (a lot) and scratch and damage the bike. If you love your 640, think very seriously about using that. If I was you I'd consider buying one of the 525s on the market that's fully configured, and you can always sell it afterwards. It's much cheaper than doing it yourself - unless that's part of the fun.

I'm 6'3" and the KTM plastics can be made to fit fine - handlebars in frontmost position and use Fastway pegs in the drop position if necessary. I didn't even use drop pegs on my bike and it was perfect. The 450 was actually the best rough touring bike I've had too!

Online Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Re: 640 Adventure to Rally
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 07:16:24 am »
Rally is hard on a bike. You will crash (a lot) and scratch and damage the bike. If you love your 640, think very seriously about using that. If I was you I'd consider buying one of the 525s on the market that's fully configured, and you can always sell it afterwards. It's much cheaper than doing it yourself - unless that's part of the fun.

I'm 6'3" and the KTM plastics can be made to fit fine - handlebars in frontmost position and use Fastway pegs in the drop position if necessary. I didn't even use drop pegs on my bike and it was perfect. The 450 was actually the best rough touring bike I've had too!

Now you've seriously got me thinking.

I've dropped you a quick pm.
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-