640 Adventure to Rally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kobus Myburgh

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
aefbe370c88a598455b8bcdd8851fae1.jpg

This was the last image in a what's app group earlier this year.  

I was part of a group of riders that were chatting up a storm about partaking in the West Coast Baja this year.  

But ..... Life happened and it so happened that it was not my turn.  Still followed the group and joined in the excitement leading up to the event and quietly shared in the joys, and pain of those that made it and those that didn't.

e89edec7e3724bf17ade7c5b96032ba7.jpg

Sedert die enduro dae was dit 'n droom om eendag die Roof te doen.  Dit het nog nie gebeur nie, maar never say never!  

26a60def4d028dd4f1069f71e0e7e2f9.jpg

Through the exposure of Wilddog the Roof dream has however been substituted by a new dream, doing a full on rally.  (Disclosure - for me as newbie, inexperienced and of probably less than average ability, a light or anything lesser is deemed a rally!)

So now it's time to put this dream to reality - slowly.  

Having said that, I've contemplated many a times to what bike and how much to spend on this dream. 690 with rally equipment, 450 rally etc. etc. and came to the conclusion that I already have the bike that can do such an event without breaking the bank.  On the heavy side and probably not ideal, but with my ability and ambition just to complete an event, what more do I need?

So herewith is the official start of converting my 640 Adventure into my ultimate (albeit simplistic) rally machine!

Don't expect too much guys, gonna be slow as money and time permits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk