Shocking!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lecap

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
The bike in the first pic was brought to me for some service & repairs.

I hope the moron who worked on this bike is here on the forum and reads what I have to say.

The rear shock which you "artfully" welded together (see pictures) in my books qualifies as anything between criminal and gross negligence and attempted murder. In two ways: Firstly with its absolutely atrocious workmanship all skew, touching frame and swing arm and over and above that by being 4cm too long. To say that the bike handled like a dog would be the understatement of the year.

After replacing it I wasn't really surprised with all the other crap I found (or didn't find as in all the missing bits: An engine mount, carb float bowl breather, brake reservoir heat shield...)
Every cam cap bolt has a dowel bush. They are necessary. You can't just leave one away.
Steering head bearings should be adjusted to be free of play.
Thick oil will NOT cure a totally worn balancer chain. Neither does a 2008ff balancer chain idler lever.

And by the way: ATV bars are called ATV bars because they are supposed to be fitted to ATV's. Not to motorcycles ::)

The price you were asking and the price you were paid for this bike is nothing but obscene.

You should maybe rather engage in something less technical than motorcycle repair.
Like selling boerie rolls.
But pleeeease don't make them. I'm worried your customers might die of food poisoning.

BTW the bike came with a Bosson pipe not the OEM in the pic which was fitted by me.

Attachments

• shock 00005.jpg
    shock 00005.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 988
  • shock 00004.jpg
    shock 00004.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 991
  • shock 00001.jpg
    shock 00001.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 994
  • shock 00002.jpg
    shock 00002.jpg