Lyndhurst Loskop on a thumper "the slow way round"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to riding again, it must have been a two months since my last proper ride on my DRZ. Louis mentioned the ride to Loskop to me so we decided to join in. I must admit I do not like big groups, nothing personal but sitting in blinding dust and doing 140 km/h tar sections is not my or my bike's favourite past time :(
But it was great seeing some some of the forum guys again - Leo, Funacide, Excalibur, Louis were all there. Even met some new members like Rooibaard on the KLR. Nice to see some KLE's as well.

I'll start my trip at Loskop as it was here that I rode back to PTA on a solo run. The Loskop stop was great, nice place to eat and have a break.

On the way to Loskop having a quick stop for a pic, KLR and DRZ.
DSCF5834.jpg

The dam wall, nice to see it overflowing in winter time.

DSCF5833.jpg

DSCF5837.jpg

Killer KTM on the ride, nicely customized 8)

DSCF5831.jpg

Heil adventure riders !

DSCF5835.jpg

Some nice facilities at the resort, heated swimming pool, bar, restaurant. Nice place to go camping for a weekend.

DSCF5839.jpg

Louis getting his money's worth at the restaurant, seconds anyone :D

DSCF5842.jpg

The guys decided to go back via the Dullstroom road but I decided to head back roughly the same way we came accept I took in some new dirt via Balmoral towards Bronkies. Offcourse I had to take the DRZ trough some "alternative" routes in and arounf Loskop dam. Most ended in dead ends but it was fun !

DSCF5845.jpg

DSCF5844.jpg

The dirtroads were easy going, only some sections had some rocky sections but nothing to really slow you down.

DSCF5846.jpg

Hey look some stoffdonkies :D

DSCF5848.jpg

A whole heard in fact, luckily they are lazy so no real chance of them darting in front of you.

DSCF5849.jpg

Wintertime and the veld is "vaal" but the views are still worth a second look.

DSCF5850.jpg

Heading towards the Zusterstroom road, easy going on newly scraped dirt roads.

DSCF5852.jpg

A river is always a good excuse to stop and take a pic. This was the Leeufontein river.

DSCF5853.jpg

DSCF5855.jpg

My last dirt for the day was the Balmoral stretch which had some sandy patches, loose rocks, bumps and some pshyco local drivers. Some more water, can't wait for summer to turn the country green.

DSCF5857.jpg

DSCF5858.jpg

On the way to Bronkhorstpruit

DSCF5859.jpg

Got home late in the afternoon all dusty and pretty tired but it was well worth it, might be another month or two before I will be able to ride again. Thanks everyone, see you next time !