Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Mounting a Scott's steering dampner to a 690  (Read 465 times)

Offline Martin Groenewald

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
Mounting a Scott's steering dampner to a 690
« on: June 18, 2016, 02:21:16 pm »
Hey guys

im going to mount a Scotts steering dampner to my 690 using a rost offroad mounting kit it's my first dampner that I'm mounting so looking for some advice or pictures of some one that's also used there mounting kit Any help would be appreciated

I have what's up if it's easier to send pics that way

Thanks Martin
076 336 3683

Offline RiverRunner

Re: Mounting a Scott's steering dampner to a 690
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 06:40:48 am »
Martin,

The Scott's damper is really easy to mount and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  Really makes the bike feel great in sand and sections with babyheads.

I used the Scott's mounting hardware so that is where my experience is.  I found mounting videos on youtube and the Scott's website has great instructions.

Good luck!

Offline Bill the Bong

• CRF450X for the win
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 02:59:44 pm »
Martin,

The Scott's damper is really easy to mount and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.  Really makes the bike feel great in sand and sections with babyheads.

I used the Scott's mounting hardware so that is where my experience is.  I found mounting videos on youtube and the Scott's website has great instructions.

Good luck!

Did you get the Scotts tower locally or did you import yourself?

Offline Martin Groenewald

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 08:54:20 am »
Morning guys yes thanks I found great videos on you tube I got my mounting brackets from rost not the Scotts brackets it has made a difference for me ,at a 100km I use to get head shake now that's all gone soft sand is what it is the more I ride the easier it gets ,only problem I have is I think I need a longer tower pin to slot into the frame mount and the stabilizer link arm when buying from rost there was an option of getting a 24.5mm bar raiser which I got now the stabilizer is further away from the frame mount and I think they sent me a standard tower pin not a longer version however it is working I just feel it needs more bite on the pin