..streetable enduros...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malJohann

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Singer (all models)
I'm just wondering out loud for the moment, but are there any streetable enduros out there? I don't mean just roadworthy either. This weekend after a blast on a CR250R with a friend of mine running in a CR500 that has just been rebuilt, we stopped at a local bike shop to check his carb.

I got to chatting with one of the mechys and he reckons you can run a competition bike on the road with the service intervals measured in kilos instead of hours, as long as you don't ride the hell out of it like the pro teams do.

So this got me to thinking and trying to decide whether he's talking bollocks or not, because although you'd not be running it so hard the engine is still operating under the same compression and is still making all that power out of comparatively little CCs with a comparatively small oil capacity to a road bike.

For me a small, light, yet powerful DS thatâ??s more dirt oriented would be perfect, which is why Iâ??m trying to gather some info. My wife would love me to get a big CC commuter and be over with it, but then weekend comes with no playtime in the sandbox. ???