Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Biker Down 23 June 2016 Old Joburg Road  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Dux

Re: Biker Down 23 June 2016 Old Joburg Road
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 02:05:54 pm »
Accident on N1 between Old Oak and Durban roads about 12H15ish , rider looks ok but a lot of blood .
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline plaky

Re: Biker Down 23 June 2016 Old Joburg Road
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 08:56:34 am »
Hi All, I agree that pedestrians are becoming more and more of a problem for bikers. I commute every day and N1 in Cape Town the only place we have a major problem is just past the Black River Parkway just before you get Paarden Island. There is a train station and a bridge 100m from where they cross, but still cross a very busy N1 in peak hour traffic. The cops have lately been there to stop them and get them to cross with the bridge, but not always there. I almost hit one of them a few months ago and this twatwaffle came out of nowhere, I don't how I missed him and did not fall, maybe due to my reasonable speed. I also encounter people daily on lower main road in Woodstock, they filter between the traffic and if in front of a taxi or bus you don't see them until you are on top of them. I now ride very slowly in Woodstock and if you kak them out they give you shit back. I have a action camera and its always on so at least If I do hit someone god forbidding  that I don't, I will at least have proof of what happened and not their word against mine.