"Twie Tiewe" and dinner with a President - another side of Namibia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Red

After reading through our fellow travellers' trip report it is quite obvious that from an adventure point of view we are never going to beat it.  Wow, what a trip.

Stephan and I was on our yearly "Trip without any dependants" and we were having a ball, even though we did not do the full-out adventure thing.  We travelled more than 4000km and around 1000km on dirt.

Please don't laugh, but I thought Namibia had some sand dunes, a canyon and and almost no water.  The bits sticking up was according to my limited knowledge Spitzkoppe, the Moon Landscape and the Waterberg Mountains.  Of course every now and then some Bushmen painting were done on some rocky bits.  Before I forget, there was Henties, Etosha, the Skeleton Coast and Naukluft as well.  Apart from a few towns that was what I expected.

I was so wrong.  We met wonderful people, saw some stunning scenery, travelled some interesting roads and we can't wait to go back.

We will start posting the full trip report tonight.   ;D