Durbanville to Paarlberg Quickie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bus

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
So yesterday Fidel phones me asking if Im keen for a ride. Silly question and 45 mins later I meet him and Wanabee at the Stellies/Klipheuwel turn-off on the N1. Me on the Z, Fidel on the KTM640 and Wanabee on the DR650 with the â??tinyâ? tank. (More on that tank later thoughâ?¦)

I donâ??t know the exact route, I will let Fidel elaborate further, but once again, respect to the man for doing some homework and taking us on a great trip. Our eventual destination would be Paarlberg.

We took the Eenzaamheid road to meet up with the Fisantekraal road going out from Durbanville.

Some pics:

On the Eenzaamheid rd (1st beerâ?¦)
IMGP2194.jpg

IMGP2196.jpg

Then right on the Fisantekraal rd and shortly left on another dirt road. Motor gate with a lekker pool of muddy water in front.
Another nice show-off pic opportunityâ?¦  O0

Fidel
IMGP2198.jpg

Me
IMGP2199.jpg

Wanabee
IMGP2200.jpg

Then we came to a moera snotty section with very thick mud and vehicle tracks forming a tricky 2 spoor situation. Fidel went through no problems. Then myself & Wnb. He was rather close behind me and in stead of paying full attention to the front, I let my front wheel â??clipâ? the mud middelmannetjie and I went down like a sack of shit, hahaha!!! And in the process of trying to stop and not make roadkill of me, poor Wannabee had to bin his bike too.
:patch:

Sorry ou maat!!! But thanks, anyways!!!  :dousing: I owe you one ;)

We both picked our sorry muddy asses up out of the mess and started wiping ourselves clean. Unfortunately Fidel didnâ??t have his camera with him to snap this Kodak moment. Nevertheless, we took some pics once everything was upright again. You can see the â??slagveldâ? in the background.
IMGP2201.jpg

IMGP2202.jpg

The peanut gallery who watched the whole thing unfold. They were lagging their little gatte off, the bliksems!!! No bad feelings though, it musta looked moera funnyâ?¦  :imaposer:
IMGP2204.jpg

Luckily no damages, just 2 really mudcaked Zooks.
IMGP2206.jpg

Then on in the General Paarl direction with Fidel leading the way.Then another quick â??refreshmentâ? stop. (I think this was the Haas-something rd???)
IMGP2208.jpg

Explored a low level bridge but were met with a â??private roadâ? signboard.  :(
IMGP2212.jpg

IMGP2214.jpg

Then on to Paarl and up Paarlberg.
Magnificent views all aroundâ?¦
IMGP2218.jpg

Fidel marking the WD territoryâ?¦  ;D
IMGP2217.jpg

Stopped at this lekker little waterfall for some pics.
IMGP2222.jpg

IMGP2223.jpg

IMGP2228.jpg

Seems this is quite a popular spot for some local romanticsâ?¦ :puke:
IMGP2231.jpg

IMGP2233.jpg

Some more lekker scenery
IMGP2237.jpg

IMGP2239.jpg

Then on to Lanners Landing (well that was plan Aâ?¦)
Fidel ran out of fuel on the way and the â??tinyâ? tank on Wanabeeâ??s bike flexed itâ??s muscles.
IMGP2241.jpg

Slow brewedâ?¦
IMGP2242.jpg

Extra maturedâ?¦
IMGP2243.jpg

Then we had a dop at the Klapmuts Hotel. Fidel then headed home and Wanabee and I headed back to Durbanville via the Eenzaamheid rd again.
A muddy road in pitch darkness is hairy, lemme tellyaâ?¦ Bliksim, we both pussy-footed all the way to the Fisantekraal rd with a couple of ringpiece-clenching moments, but made it with no incidents.

Then burned home on the tar.

Awesome ride, great scenery, great company.
Dankie Manne!!!