I've never properly introduced myself. Here goes, sorry for the delay.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkinoff

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Parkinoff, Aspergers and life
Let me start off with an Oscar Wilde quote: "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends".
Not me I hope ;-)
Am I an unhappy person? No.
Do I want to change who I am? No!
Do I want to evolve my personality and become a better person? Yes!
Am I antisocial? No!
Am I struggling with romantic relationships? Yes, but I have been with someone Extra Special for a good number of years who is walking with me. She even loves waltzing to "heavy metal" as some of you have witnessed. Has the video ever been released?
Do I dislike unfairness? With a passion!
My best friend, RIP Ters, said the following "Peter, jy dink te veel. Mense bedoel wat hulle se, hulle praat nie met bybedoelings nie". I really try to follow Ters' advice. And I do - but sometimes you just cannot ignore the undercurrent, perceived or true. The reader be the judge.
I have a handfull of life-long friends who I try to understand and they try to understand me. "I love the friends I've gathered on this thin raft" Jim Morisson said that.
I've made one or two very good friends through this forum. And I've shared a little of my professional and private life with a select few.
The above is a little background to explain what follows:
There comes a point in my Aspergers wired brain where confusion sets in due to an overload of negative inputs that I just cannot process with positivity anymore.
And I have to withdraw.
I enjoyed this site. This site was good to me and all that shit. I hope I added value too here and there.
But this forum is not just a forum of fun. It has a dark side

A few things happened though that did not mean much in isolation - but when I add it up I come to the decision to withdraw from this forum - a bit like I've done with my long-term romantic relationships that turned unhealthy. Still have to figure out. Again I say. Let the reader be the judge.
1) I'm interested in an engine from a forum member at a premium because it has low km's. I cannot view the engine in person and my friend goes and checks it out in Gauteng somewhere. I ask the seller if the bike was lying on its side idling when he came off. No, he switched it off he says. I buy the engine but on delivery I immediately notice that the plastic flywheel cover is melted away, the plastic has run into the fins on the one side indicating that the bike was lying on it's side and overheated badly. Next thing I notice is the see-through oil level glass is deformed and bubbles inside the plastic - second indication of a serious overheat. Third thing I notice is that the paint on the engine casing is burnt brown - confirmation of overheat. Forum lesson number one - perhaps an honest mistake from the seller. I can live with that thought.
2) My fiance and I enter and pay to attend a WD gathering long before the actual event. I don't have a finished bike of the required type yet. a Week before the gathering I ask the organiser if I could attend with one of my other bikes as I might not finish the relevant one on time due to the frame still with the painters. "Sorry, no exceptions and no refunds" , so I get the frame a week before gathering and I finish the bike in a rush. We attend the gathering. Someone politically connected could not finish his relevant bike but was allowed to attend with his HP2? Was the event video ever released? No communication direct to me but quite a bit about me I believe.

3) The Mad Donkey episode. I did not know the personal links, political significance or the girl at all. What I did see was a serious case of double standards. And a very clear indication that there was some form of sub-culture - or shall I say "upper class culture" on the forum where different rules apply.
You see, the personality differences and bitching about laptops and batteries and tyres and Yamahas and BMW's I found natural and not unhealthy.

Being a forum member would look great on your CV, not so good on mine anymore I'm sad to say.

So this is the end of Parkinoff on this forum. I might join again at a later stage under a different name but I'll be a selective lurker.