Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: I broke my petrolcap!!!!  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Grootseun

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« on: July 14, 2006, 10:08:15 am »
I had an early morning deadline this morning.. so leaft early this morning (5:30) Got to the Petrolstation to get some go-juice. The attendant  naturally was sleeping.. i hooted and nothing, so i thought if they dont want to serve me.. i will take my business elsewhere. (i opened my petroltank when i got there.) so i stripped my moer and got back on my bike.. and i saw something fall on the floor??? WTF... after i had a look i saw my petrol cap on the floor??? I knocked it  off with my knee when i  mounted the bike.

and

Now i will be going to Bee em and seeing what they will rip me for a new one..

In the wise words of forest gump... "stoopid is as stoopid does"

Will update after i visited bee-em.

I came to work with the cage... kak.... at the price of petrol i dont want it evaporating at work

and you never know when someone decides to flick his cigarette stompie into my tank.. Murphy is a bliksem you know.

morfasie

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 10:56:16 am »
Don’t worry Grootseun it has happened to me as well. Petrol attendant didn't close the cap and when I mounted I broke it of as well.

Unfortunately that was in Clarens, so had to duck tape it back on and at every petrol station it was a mess opening it and closing it again!

Good luck!
 :lol:

Offline Grootseun

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 11:04:57 am »
Morfasie, how difficult was it to get the part from BM.. an how much did it set you back if i may ask?

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 11:06:46 am »
Ai. Bad luck.  :cry:
He who angers you, controls you.

morfasie

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 11:13:33 am »
Quote from: "Grootseun"
Morfasie, how difficult was it to get the part from BM.. an how much did it set you back if i may ask?

Yes well it wasn't that difficult to get from the, BMW Bavaria, but if I remember correctly they took about a week to get the part and unfortunately I can't remember the price. It wasn't that expensive (BMW wise)  :lol:

Offline Grootseun

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 11:43:29 am »
Just got back from Lyndhurst BMW.. R730 and i will have it on monday, i bit silly that i have to get the whole thing.. not just the broken part. I suppose nothing much i can do about it.

Offline BlouVark

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 12:26:35 pm »
Just got back from Lyndhurst BMW.. R730 and i will have it on monday, i bit silly that i have to get the whole thing.. not just the broken part. I suppose nothing much i can do about it.

A bit expensive :(
You can always rinse the surface
but the stain will remain.

Offline Grootseun

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 12:32:02 pm »
JY SE VIR MY... Maybe i can get it welded by an aluminiumwelder.. anyone know of one?

Offline Grootseun

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 12:34:55 pm »
JY SE VIR MY... Maybe i can get it welded by an aluminiumwelder.. anyone know of one?

Offline Grootseun

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 12:38:34 pm »

Offline BlouVark

• Race Dog
I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 12:42:39 pm »

Het jou die eerste 2 keer gehoor :D  :D  :D

As ek jy is probeer ek dit eerder weld, dit is `n hele paar bokke daai.

Offline Grootseun

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 12:52:04 pm »
sorry.. ek hetbietjie vasgehaak.. dis daai nervous twitch van my.. ek het die knoppie te veel keer gedruk... :oops:  :oops:  :D  :D  :D

Offline Grootseun

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 12:54:09 pm »
A mate of mine recently bought a Alu-welding set-up, he's gonna try and help me to weld it. will report back on monday.

Offline krazy-eyes

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 12:59:57 pm »
that would be a cast aluminium part, in other words near impossibble to weld  :cry: .
my dad had a bmw 3 seies back in 1986, the cubby hole latch kept breaking, and everytime they would rip him about R350 (alot back then), and the worst was that it was just a little part of the latch that broke but he had to replace the WHOLE thing everytime!

Offline toucan

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 03:42:36 pm »
pratleys putty, if its good enough for nasa its good enough for the stof donkie.
i'm not a complete idiot. some parts are missing.

Offline CaMojo

Fuel Cap 650
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 11:44:16 am »

I PM'd you my details,

I may have a second hand one for you,  Call me Monday Morning.

Rgds,

CaMo

Offline Grootseun

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 02:22:05 pm »
Just came back from Crunhievalley, where courtesy of Camojo i got  a replacement  fuelcap for WAAYYY less than the dealership charged.
So.. thanx to JJ for coming to my rescue.. and we look forward to see their new venture booming.

So this afternoon will be my last cage session.. wohoo.. i almost sterted smoking again after this mornings traffic.

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 07:12:12 pm »
Just came back from Crunhievalley, where courtesy of Camojo i got  a replacement  fuelcap for WAAYYY less than the dealership charged.
So.. thanx to JJ for coming to my rescue.. and we look forward to see their new venture booming.

So this afternoon will be my last cage session.. wohoo.. i almost sterted smoking again after this mornings traffic.

One week later and you could have got it on insurance?

Welsh?   :twisted:  :D  :D  :D
Putting the Drunken Pagan Debauchery back into Christmas.

Offline Grootseun

I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 08:25:32 am »
Quote from: "African Welsh"

Welsh?   :twisted:  :D  :D  :D

Ya\eah.. but i proteted my new petrolcap from JJ with my leg.. so it still was money well spent

Offline BlouVark

• Race Dog
I broke my petrolcap!!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 10:49:56 am »
Quote from: "African Welsh"

If he waited a week, there wouldn't have been a accident. :D
 :?