Pimped Djebel 250XC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herms

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
I decided over the weekend to add all the little extras to the Djebel
that I have purchased but have not had the time to install yet.

My current handle bar looked a bit tired and I decided to add Pro Taper
handle bars. I choose the 22mm bar, no need for additional rizers and I could
use my current throttle cables.

I installed heated grips(pad type) which I got from Runner. The man's service rocks
and he gives great advice. Installation was easy. I installed a relay under the speedo
which olny allow my heated grips to work if the motor is running. This will prevent unpleasant
flat battery moments.

I also added some Pro Grips to finish of the handle bars. I ka..ked to fit the dam grip, untill
Inprogress pointed out that there are 2 different sized grips in a set, 22mm & 24mm. I almost
had the 22mm grip on the throttle. BrotherPucker!!!!

Lastly I had to manufacture a new "dashboard" to mound the new control switch of the
heated grips, RPM counter and Hella plug.

Big E and I went for a quick spin on Sunday afternoon. It was getting chilly as the sun setted
and I remembered my newly installed heated grips. Holy mother of........, it is the best thing
since "On night in Paris". ;D

The bike handled great with the new bars. The slightly higher handle bars makes for a comfortable
riding position and standing upright it is a pleasure. Who knew the higher bars would make and
a great bike super.

Anyway, I now love the bike even more. Thanks again Runner for the RPM counter and the heated
grips, and the guys on the forum that helped with the electrical output questions I had.

Pimped up Djebel ready for a great EC Bash!!!!!!

Attachments

• 100_0515.jpg
    100_0515.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 370
  • 100_0516.jpg
    100_0516.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 360
  • 100_0517.jpg
    100_0517.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 100_0526.jpg
    100_0526.jpg