Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KoŽs and beyond 2016  (Read 5215 times)

Online Nimmo

• Let your regrets not be the things you did not do.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
KoŽs and beyond 2016
« on: July 07, 2016, 06:58:18 pm »
Nimmo does KoŽs & beyond

After the EC Bash (the first trip with the 990) I was keen on doing another.  I hoped the Verneukpan trip would materialize but the interest was too little to make it worthwhile.  As a joke I threw this into the Verneukpan planning a ride thread:

Gaan dit voorlopig uitstel na 'n latere datum - te veel ouens het dinge aan. Ons kan kyk na Aug / Sept ?
Kom JC en Peter ons ry KoŽs toe - is mos net entjie verder  :pot:

Both jumped on board before I even had my thinking cap on and as the saying goes ďDie koeŽl was deur die kerk.   :pot:
Step one: WHERE the hell is KoŽs?  :imaposer:

Lesson one it is XOIS not Koes

After reading ChrisLís RR I had a fair idea at least. The group that wanted to go started to look more like an Amageza training pack.  :peepwall:

1. Weskus
2. Blinkes
3. Ball & Chain
4. David Santana
5. Anthony Santana
6. Anthony se chommie
7. Jan Lochner - Kawala
8. Whitefish
9. Nimmo
10. JC
11. Parkinhoff

Time was now the enemy and seemed to stand still.
Finally the day arrived and I left a cold Colesberg for Pofadder on Thursday morning travelling alone as per usual.  I had done most of the routes before and made good time.
Colesberg to De Aar:

IMG_4668 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4670 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4672 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

De Aar to Vosburg was a short section tar and when I reached Vosburg I decided to break my usual habit of helmet on till days end and have some breakfast.  What a nice little place to have a breakfast.  I decided just there and then to break habit more often on this trip and really take it more casual.  I was so relaxed I even had a second tea.  After paying a mere R60 for a huge meal I took some photos of the town.

IMG_4675 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4682 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4683 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

While taking this one I could not but help remember the westerns my dad use to love watching with guys falling of the second balcony and being thrown out of windows.  At this stage I was unaware I was soon to be part of a group in which bar fighters lurked.  :peepwall: :lamer:

IMG_4677 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4684 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4686 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4690 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4691 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

The wind was starting to pick up and I hoped I was leaving it behind as I travelled north.  Arriving at Van Wyksvlei I was 6 minutes late for the fuel pumps.  This guys and gals is what you get when you drink tea, if it was a beer I would have been in time.   :patch: :imaposer:

IMG_4693 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

I waited out the hour with the normal begging and rift raft that I have now come to expect from Bachus town.  The one would just not let up.  After I properly stripped my m@er for him he comes walking up to me and says: ďEk gee op meneer ek gaan nie meer bedel nie, ek gaan et hier sit dan chat ons maar so rukkieĒ   :patch:
I mentioned that I had enough friends and sat waiting out the time for the pumps to open in the worst dust storms running through town.  Just as I saw the Koop guys came walik closer my new found friend remarked: ďEk sien meneer  is n stil man, ek like dit Ė hoe lyk dit met Ďn R2 OF R10Ē.  :eek7:
In one of Leon Schusterís movies he gets dressed as a Indian man and koers Callie Knoetzeís m@er Ė His remarked rang through: ďPW Botha says bou die nasie, bou die nasie, hoe de m@er bou mens Ďn nasie met sulke menseĒ   :pot:

I filled up and left for Kenhardt.

This from past experience is the WORST road, despite 2 graders working on sections it was a pain in the ass.  The wind was something to experience, if would blow in HARD gusts forcing you over the graderís middelman and making for bad riding. :(

IMG_4694 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4695 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4697 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

I reached Kenhardt and filled up.  I still had no detail as to the gravel road to Pofadder and asked one of the local farmers filling up what the road was like and how far it was.  ď
I think the road is in a very poor state because of the truck transporting kalk and would guess about 140 Ė 240 kmĒ.  I had about 2 hours of day time left (calculated on Colesberg) and figured what the hell, letís see the country.  :thumleft:

Gents this road turned out to be probably the finest road in the whole of South Africa.  It was PROPPERLY fenced in on both sides and I could easily see people doing speed testing on it instead of the N14.  I thought of the draadmakers that made it possible for some fast safe travelling and did GOOD time until I turned onto the R358.  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

IMG_4701 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4704 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4708 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

This road turned out to be the opposite of what I had just experienced and I only made Pofadder as dark set in.
 :-\
IMG_4712 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

I found the Hotel where Weskus had made arrangements and wasnít long before everyone were there. 

IMG_4714 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

BoetieBike had issues with a loose wire and soon the panels were of and the fault attended to.   JCí had broken his sub frame but made a boere plan to support it and it lasted the whole of the trip in the end. 

IMG_4717 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:55:12 pm by Nimmo »
CT110,XT250,CX500,R100RS,ZZR400,DR650RS,XT350,K100RS,R1100RS,R1100S,K1200RS,XT350,R1100GS,F650GS,F800GS,XL200,TW200, HP2, KTM 990  :amazon:
Sunset Chalets 082 493 8814

NIMMOíS Ride Reports

Online Nimmo

• Race Dog
Re: Koës and beyond 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 07:05:00 pm »
The rest of us found our accommodations and got to know each other.  Funny how a common interest could bring different people together.  :thumleft:
We had a decent size steak and I was in bed probably when the rest hit third gear.   :pot: :peepwall:  748km for the day was enough to make me sleep soundly. 

Friday we had breakfast and set off to Onseepkans, the road was a gem in terms of SAND and scenery.  I would however not like to do it with a vehicle.  :-\

IMG_4718 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4719 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4722 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4725 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4728 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4730 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4732 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4733 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4736 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4738 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

The paperwork at the border post had a little niggle as they could not find my bike on Natis.  :dousing:

IMG_4739 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Once that was cleared up, we went through without being searched.  On the Namibian side much the same story and we were on our way. :thumleft:

IMG_4740 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4741 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4742 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4745 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

First stop was Karasburg on what I know as “plaasmense se dorps dag”.  It was busy, the Hotel however not......   :pot: :ricky:

IMG_4748 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4750 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4753 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4754 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4758 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4761 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Next stop Aroab, It was on this section that both I and Kawala passed a convoy of campers and each got a decent size stone to the chest.  Proper ATGATT is NB.   :3some:

After the convoy passed up heading back to SA I could not understand JC now doing 120/130, when the wind finally took the dust away I realized I was behind a bakkie.  I only made up with them when they stopped at Beer next to the road.  Life was good and people were friendly... :ricky:

IMG_4764 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4766 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4767 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

I soon realized that this half way to Koës moedskep was going to end up in me pitching tent in the dark.  Kawala, Jc and I made for Koës.  We had no idea where to go luckily we found Chris and JJR at the filling station, the pointed us in the right direction. 

IMG_4770 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

We made camp and wasn’t long before the fires were burning and adding to the atmosphere.  I had a nice HOT shower – thanks Eugene.  Graveltravel had already pitched his tent with his buddies from Walvis.  Parkinoff as well.  :-[

IMG_4773 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4775 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4779 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4780 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

The details of what EXACTLY happened at the hotel in Koës would forever be “murky” but let’s just say Weskus and Boetibike only made camp late, each with a colourful story for their grand children. :deal: :peepwall:

I made for bed while all over Koës you could hear valves bouncing before the next gear was taken.

Saturday morning was fresh but not as bad as I had anticipated, thankfully for Rocky Balboa AKA Weskus.  Sleeping IN a tent and not on top of it does have merit.  :spitcoffee:

IMG_4782 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

After having some coffee and getting to know the rest of the “new” WD’s we made for the PAN.

IMG_4781 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4784 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

The Rally was obviously popular and a much anticipated event.  The dune to get a better view of the rally again made me aware of how easy it was to drain ones energy levels.  I had probably four or five stops to “search for friends” before reaching the top.  JJR also came walking up later and I mentioned to Weskus to keep an eye on him he was going to search for the same “friends” which he did. :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

IMG_4786 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4788 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4791 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4792 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4793 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4794 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Probably the only Volvo used for what it was built for  :deal:

IMG_4795 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4799 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

I miss my culling days. :'(

IMG_4800 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

The Rally obviously did not start before the official WD judging panel was in place.  :pot: :deal: :deal:  I thought of Fiona (help me GT?)  being so far from her marine engineering “place” as can be, and just laughed.   ;D

IMG_4787 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

I heard so many versions of how people perceived the Pan Rally, and articles that described it, that it would be wrong to quote me on any of these
Urban legend has it that if the bakkie has a rollbar - it is a roll cage and a mining helmet is considered a proper head protection.   :imaposer:
My favourite was that the Pan Rally can be described as a Boere basaar that went haywire.   :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

The Burgemeester himself

IMG_4801 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

None the less the competition was serious and I did not envy Ricus for having to keep a form of “direction and control”.  We enjoyed the day there, thanks for having us.

AMEN

IMG_4803 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4806 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Ricus’s son that won his division.  This was the race most people would remember. ;) ;D

IMG_4805 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

I have a friend that used to say why change a tyre when it looked like this it has already proven itself – Ricus now might be that time. (must powerslide lekker though) ;D ;)

IMG_4804 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:42:42 pm by Nimmo »
CT110,XT250,CX500,R100RS,ZZR400,DR650RS,XT350,K100RS,R1100RS,R1100S,K1200RS,XT350,R1100GS,F650GS,F800GS,XL200,TW200, HP2, KTM 990  :amazon:

NIMMOíS Ride Reports

Offline Nicobie

Re: KoŽs and beyond 2016
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 07:07:43 pm »
Lekker paaie daai Karoo, vrystaat, noordkaap gebied.

Gooi nog, ek ry lekker saam.
Each day is a present, don't send it back unopened.

Online Nimmo

• Race Dog
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 07:09:50 pm »
The entrance to the rally had many a car and bakkie being recovered during the day.  :bueller: ::)

IMG_4808 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Always thought they were smaller, but in Nam nothing seems small.

IMG_4802 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4810 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4813 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4822 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4824 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4825 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4828 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

By the time we got back to camp Kawala, Whitefish and Parkinoff had taken the road.  

IMG_4833 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

We had a VERY pleasant kuier with Graveltravel and his mates.  What a nice bunch.  Fionaís potjie tested Chris and my ability to only having a taste, it was DELICIOUS.  I am sure one of the others will still comment on her ability to devour double her own body weight. :lamer:

Sunday we said our goodbyes to the Namib component of WD as well as Chris and JJR.

IMG_4847 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4848 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4849 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_7128 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Weskus, JC and I set off for Keetmanshoop.  At the Kokerwoud I took some pictures, the trees were beautiful.

IMG_4851 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4853 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

At Keetmans we filled up and had a meal.  We headed for Seeheim on our way to Noordoewer.

IMG_4859 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4861 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4863 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Canyon Roadhouse Ė Sure you can spend a day and would still have plenty to see.

IMG_4865 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4867 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4868 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4869 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4877 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4878 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4879 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Need I say more Ė lets bow our heads ::) :lamer:

IMG_4880 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4881 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4882 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4883 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Hobas on our way to Fish River Canyon

IMG_4884 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

At fish River Canyon JC and I wanted dome photos from the other side and rode around.

IMG_4886 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4888 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

When I got off I could hear the rear tyre loosing air.   :P :P

IMG_4891 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4893 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4894 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4895 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4896 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

I had some GREAT ideas for photos there having JC with his vertigo pose on the edge but these ideas were now gone. :pot:
I made my way to the look out and started fixing the tyre.  

IMG_4897 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_7265 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_7267 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Note JCís helping feet.

IMG_7272 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_7273 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

The Rally simply did not seat despite lube and encouragement, when it finally did the sun was setting and our planned schedule was out.

IMG_7281 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4899 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_7285 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4901 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

We decided to make for Ai-Ais.  This was probably one of the most scenic rides of the trip.  ;D

IMG_4903 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4905 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4906 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

We made it just as dark set in and camped next to a generous old ďomieĒ Dewald knew.  ::) ::) :peepwall:

IMG_4913 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_7309 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Tau came to say hallo :thumleft:

IMG_7310 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

This time JC and I would sleep outside.  The night passed with jokes and stories of years gone by, life was good.

IMG_7311 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4919 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

NIMMOíS Ride Reports

Offline Bigsix

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:11:57 pm »
Great pics!

Online Nimmo

• Race Dog
Re: Koës and beyond 2016
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 07:14:07 pm »
IMG_7315 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Eish look at that face – Grondpad dae  :pot: :pot: :pot:

IMG_4920 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4922 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4923 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr
IMG_4925 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4926 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

The next morning Rocky sorry Weskus took us along the Gamkab Canyon to Nooroewer.  Nature makes you feel small at times.

IMG_4930 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_7388 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4934 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4936 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4937 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4939 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4940 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4944 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4946 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

He is forever telling people his is bigger. :deal:

IMG_4952 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4953 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4955 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_7519 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4960 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4962 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4966 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4968 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_7552 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4971 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4972 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4973 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4974 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

At the border we said our goodbyes to Weskus and headed for Springbok, neither JC nor I was hungry but hell, when do you get the chance to eat fish in Springbok.  :ricky:

IMG_4982 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4985 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4986 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Was well worth it – give it a try next time you pass there.  :thumleft: :thumleft:
What started as 7 men now had dwindled down to 2, we headed to Gamoep on the Kiprandt road for Loeriesfontein.  What a beautifull section of road this was.

IMG_4991 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4993 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4995 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

About 80km from Loeries I noticed JC was missing and turned around to look for him. Sure enough another puncture.  I asked him with a certain hint of pleasure what his first reaction was when I got my flat and he replied with a smile for his compulsory photo.   ;D :laughing4: :laughing4:

His tyre (Karoo) seated like nothing and soon we were on our way.  We made the Loeries tar road just as it was dark. :thumleft:

IMG_4996 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_4998 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_5001 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_5004 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

. by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

His tyre (Karoo) seated like nothing and soon we were on our way.  We made the Loeries tar road just as it was dark. :thumleft:

IMG_5011 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

10km to go. 4km in and I ran out of fuel, filled up with my spare and we made Loeries at 18H30. :patch:

Hinksding received us with open arms and promptly drove us to the store on the back of his bakkie, all I can think of was that we might have been a tad dirty.  After a nice braai and warm bath we hit the sack – BUSHED.

Despite HD’s busy schedule etc. we were given a proper breakfast before we left.

IMG_5018 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_5020 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

IMG_5021 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

We filled up and said our goodbyes then went our separate ways JC south and I inland via Brandvlei, Van Wyksvlei Vosburg, De Aar, and Home.  For the first 40km I had thick fog then once it opened up I could make way.

IMG_5022 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

Stopping to take a photo the local farmer arrived on his farmbike, it took up 20 minutes of my time with numerous “ek moet nou gaan” – after getting an invite to stay over any time I wanted to I said goodbye and headed home.  There are GOOD people in this world. :thumleft: ;)

IMG_5024 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

The WIND was terrible all the way home, when I passed the Verneukpan turnoff I could not but help to smile  :biggrin: ;D :biggrin:
– somehow a Verneukpan trip ended up in a 3000km round trip.  :thumleft:

Thanks Weskus for the planning and arrangements for the trip and sticking to us till the border.  Ricus & Eugene thank you for all the arrangements as to WD special needs and hot water etc.  Martin thanks for my sugar and the pleasant company.  Chris and JJR for making us laugh with tales from “other” WD’s.  Hinksding for your hospitality and friendship.  JC old pal – What an epic ride – thank you.

Till next year then – People Chris mentioned it somewhere – you HAVE TO at least once in your life experience the Koës rally, you won’t be sorry.

IMG_5027 by Jean van der Walt, on Flickr

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:03:22 pm by Nimmo »

NIMMOíS Ride Reports

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
Re:
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 07:17:22 pm »
Lekker Nimmo.  Ek dreig elke jaar om te gaan maar daar val altyd iets voor. Waaragtig, volgende jaar, per fiets of per bakkie gaan ek daar wees.

Dit lyk na moerse pret.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies

Tom Luongo

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 07:47:58 pm »
It is so nice to read a well written traditional ride report. No short cuts and great pictures as always.

Dankie Jean  :thumleft:

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Online Noneking

• Ugly
  • Grumpy Mutt
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 07:50:43 pm »
Baie mooi Nimmo!
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw

Offline Ri

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Ri Bikermouse
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 08:48:21 pm »

Fantastiese foto's en 'n baie lekker RR - baie dankie vir die moeite, dit was heerlik om te volg  :biggrin:

Offline JC

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 09:12:06 pm »
nice RR  :thumleft:

Ek ry enige tyd weer saam met jou, al laat jy my skaam kry vir my vlentergat maniere Mnr Taurus  ;D

Sal die naweek probeer om 'n RR aanmekaar te slaan

Offline Bokveld

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 09:51:32 pm »
   Dankie vir n lekker RR en topklas prente.

Online Nimmo

• Race Dog
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 10:59:33 pm »
nice RR  :thumleft:

Ek ry enige tyd weer saam met jou, al laat jy my skaam kry vir my vlentergat maniere Mnr Taurus  ;D

Sal die naweek probeer om 'n RR aanmekaar te slaan

Moenie jy ook nou weer begin nie  :imaposer: :pot:
Sien uit na jou weergawe  :deal:

NIMMOíS Ride Reports

Offline Ian in Great Brak River

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 12:01:41 am »
Great report, thanks for the cool photos too. Now I really need to get back there for the rally at some stage.

:thumleft:

1978. It's 6am, mid winter...two up on a XL 185S ... off to my first casino ever with all of R40 and we've got a full tank of fuel, so enough to get there we reckon.... that's determination...

Old bike: '82 Eddie Lawson Replica Replica.
Other bike: '05 Honda Varadero 1000
New bike: '16 Honda Africa Twin.

Offline GRAVELTRAVEL

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 09:21:24 am »
Thanks Jean!! Great Report! It was really good meeting you and the others which I only new about vaguely from the Forum. Between myself and Fiona we are also busy putting a report together which we will post soon.

Hopefully see you and some more of the Dogs there again next year. I most certainly would not miss this again!

Offline weskus

• Race Dog
  • Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 09:52:49 am »
Ok, gou 4 goedjies:

-Julle drink te min (die kelders moet leeg wat van die arme boere?)
-Julle begin te laat soggens
-Julle stop te laat saans
-en jy het die enigste mooier bike as ek op die trip gehad :imaposer:

Wil jou darem net sÍ Nimmo, was nie regtig 'n barfight nie want dit kom van 2 kante af en ons het basies net ontvang(was beter so) en ek maak 'n papwiel vinniger as julle reg maar ek was te bang om aan die goedjies te vat, maar as ek ooit eendag 'n bike by jou kan koop sal ek... was lekker dankie vir die saamry. Nou moet jy net jou BMW maniere los, en tot bo-op die duin ry, jy kan nou..
Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, KTM 1290 Superduke (stukkend geval) tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides,Honda Z50 Monkeybike(projek), Honda ST70 Dax,Honda S110 Benly, Honda C110 trail, Yamaha RS125, Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline Matewis

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 10:08:52 am »
Epic trip! Lekker saamgery Nimmo!
ďDonít go where the path my leadÖ  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trailÖĒ ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
https://kettingsaag.wordpress.com/
https://witvosblog.wordpress.com/

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT500
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 10:16:22 am »
Lekker report of a great trip. KoŽs remains on my bucket list.

Offline Crankshaft

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 11:08:51 am »
Lekker ride report.

Lyk of daar minder bikes was as verlede jaar.

Ken ook daai ou oom met die camper by Ais Ais. Het hom verlede jaar ook daar gekry en ook die vorige jaar. Is van Malmesbury se wereld.

Weskus, bly om sien jy het die Kapenaars se naam hoog gehou😆😆😆😆
KDX 200, YFZ 450, YZ 250F, YZ 450F, WR 450F, R1200GS LC, R1200GS ADV LC, 2nd R1200GS ADV LC
KTM 1290 Sup Adv R
WR450F
Current: R1250GSA

Offline edgy

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 11:26:57 am »
Now that looks awesome! :thumleft:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"