Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The Rockfox Amageza buggy project  (Read 16002 times)

Offline Weedkiller - Adie

Re: The Rockfox Amageza buggy project
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2016, 10:53:21 am »
Aldie

Het jy meer inligting oor daai bike lift ... neem aan jy het hom gebou ?

Mike het die basiese planne op die interweb gekry.  Ons het dit so bietjie aangepas om by die 2Ton Jack en 'offcut' staal te pas wat ons gehad het te pas.  Dit lig 'n gelaaide 1200 sonder probleme.  Dit was 'n paar jaar terug so het nie meer die tekeninge.

Kyk hier vir soortgelyk: http://www.roamafrica.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=1504.0
Daar is 'n lift vir 'n 'plastic' ook.

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2016, 12:24:31 pm »
Hi Adie

Maybe you know already but if not here goes. You get two Atos engine's  -

Improved one - cam belt sprocket on crank with round hole and key way - no worries

Its predecessor - Sprocket and crank had no key way and crank had to flat sides machine to accommodate sprocket - this one is prone to wear and then throws out timing and eats into crank and timing plate and ultimately the oil pump casing.

Thaks will keep an eye out.

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Commodore
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2016, 12:35:30 pm »
Aldie

Het jy meer inligting oor daai bike lift ... neem aan jy het hom gebou ?

Mike het die basiese planne op die interweb gekry.  Ons het dit so bietjie aangepas om by die 2Ton Jack en 'offcut' staal te pas wat ons gehad het te pas.  Dit lig 'n gelaaide 1200 sonder probleme.  Dit was 'n paar jaar terug so het nie meer die tekeninge.

Kyk hier vir soortgelyk: http://www.roamafrica.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=1504.0
Daar is 'n lift vir 'n 'plastic' ook.

Adie

Dankie Adie
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50

Offline evansv

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2016, 12:37:21 pm »
 :sip:
DT 125, GSX 750 ES, XJ 900, KX 125, YZ 250, WR 200, RMX 250 (280 kit), FZ-6, 2006, DT 125 LC (rear ended by Fortuner - written off), DT200R (current), KTM 625 SXC (sold), KTM 690 Enduro R (current)

Offline ktmmer

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2016, 01:32:55 pm »
Ok, Getting pressed for time now.

Basic tube bender design done.  Will double check everything tomorrow before the steel is ordered.  The hydraulic cylinder will be added later.  Will do initial tests with the standard ratchet power bar.

Adie

Please explain how the bender works.

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2016, 03:35:10 pm »

Please explain how the bender works.

It is probably the most copied tube (thick wall) bender out there. Real basic, simple and effective.

The two limitations is thinnest wall thickness and bend radius is 3 x tube dia.  Smaller rad and thinner tube must be done with mandrel bender. (We designed and built a hydraulic one for 25dia x 2 wall a few years ago)

We will eventually upgrade the 28/50dia to full hydraulic.

See this for 'How it works'  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-uwiqdaWY

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline seankriel

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • I'm Living it!
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2016, 06:09:41 pm »
Adie... Any progress?? Lol

I am off to go buy a motor (The hole car) tomorrow - waiting to see how you getting along as mine is next..... Lol

Let me know if I can come clean bolts and nuts or bring beer or something when you busy working....

S
It's not what you know and it's not who you know. It's what you know about who you know.

Offline Onetime

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2016, 11:49:31 am »
 :thumleft:
Onetime to live your life. No time to wait for someday or you will find that someday was yesterday.

XT500(sold), DRZ400(sold), XT600(sold), F800GS(sold)

Offline seankriel

• Pack Dog
  • I'm Living it!
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2016, 01:12:59 pm »
Mr Adie!

I just bought my small car to strip naked - got a running motor, drivetrain and all....

I'm going to start taking out my Buggies Motor so long and see how far I can get on my lonesome before needing you super experience!!

Can't wait to get cracking!! lol!

Will come pop in soon for some needed tips....

S
It's not what you know and it's not who you know. It's what you know about who you know.

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2016, 09:54:09 am »
Hoe vorder daai buggy?
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline seankriel

• Pack Dog
  • I'm Living it!
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2016, 09:58:34 am »
Hoe vorder daai buggy?

Ek wil self weet Adie!! Gooi daar n paar kiekies...

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2016, 11:18:56 am »
Hoe vorder daai buggy?

Was bietjie besig met 'geldmaak werk' die week.  Die buigmasjien word die naweek klaargemaaak.  Sal fotie pos as ons buig. 

Verder was daar heelwat verwikkelinge - nie sigbaar.  Ons het die raam herontwerp om so 200mm wyer te wees.  Dit maak die kajuit baie meer gemaklik.  Daar is ook na meer modulere ontwerp gekyk.  Dieselfde vering stelsel sal met verskillende skokbrekers en 'coils' verskillende behoeftes kan bevredig van 'n plaas voertuig vir gifspuit ens tot 'n volledige rally voertuig.  Basies sal verskillende modelle op die selfde 'basis' gebou kan word.

Ons kyk na onder R 90 000.00 vir 'n model wat boere kan gebruik in plaas van 'n quad.  Loopkoste ens sal ook baie laer wees.  Dit sal meer vrag kan dra ens ens.

Alle ontwerp kriteria is egter vir 'n rally voertuig.

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline desertfox

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • KlE 300 x
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2016, 11:39:12 am »
 :thumleft:
My the force be with You

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2016, 10:37:43 pm »
Pic 1:  Ok, I came back from a Gauteng trippie and was for some reason upgraded to SAA 1st CLASS from a cheap seat on the way back. (Maybe they want me to fly more with them than the other cheapies.)

Pic 2: I was lucky enough to borrow a JD Squared bender. (It is a commercially available one similar to the one I'm building.  did a 38 dia x 2.5mm wall tube and 90 degree test.

Pic 3: The bend came out MUCH better than what I expected as the machine is quite old and worn.  I can now complete my own design with the assurance that it will give acceptable results.

The plate and other steel for the build table arrived today as well.  Will take a few pics once done.  It's gonna be a working weekend.

Adie

Laat ons Stof maak.

Online Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2016, 08:02:48 am »
The bender looks fantastic  :thumleft:

The first class food - not so much  ::)
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2016, 04:41:31 pm »
Ok, Some progress.

The build table is almost done. The basic frame will be painted next week - the top will stay unpainted to act as a conductor during welding.  All jigs and guides will be bolted to the top (will use m6 countersunk Rivnuts) to allow adjustments and accommodate different models.  We will also use the table to do engine transplants. (total size 1450 x 2900mm Outside frame 100x100x6 square)

Pic 1: Before top attached.  This thing is super rigid. (and flat - less than .5 degrees in any direction.)

Pic 2: With Top. Tack welds around and to cross braces underneath to prevent warping due to heat..

We will draw the center line and axle centres as starting reference for the build. Reference 'pegs' will be placed at key points from where we can measure and ensure everything is 'true' at the end.

Adie
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 04:44:33 pm by Weedkiller - Adie »
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2016, 08:03:05 am »
Nice!!
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x  - 2001 F650GS Dak SOLD - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2016, 11:01:48 pm »
Prototype build started.

We will do the back first to make sure the motor can be mounted with all the clearances and strength to hold the heavy motor.

I now 'understand' how the tube bender works and could do the rollbar without any issues.  All tube joints are fully notched for ultimate strength after welding.  Had to go out this evening so could not do the last two tubes for the motor 'cage'

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline seankriel

• Pack Dog
  • I'm Living it!
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2016, 04:09:21 pm »
Oom Adie

Daai motor van nou frame.... lol

Ek kan nie meer wag om daai full frame te sien nie!

Sterkte!

« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2016, 12:23:30 am »
Hi Adie

Maybe you know already but if not here goes. You get two Atos engine's  -

Improved one - cam belt sprocket on crank with round hole and key way - no worries

Its predecessor - Sprocket and crank had no key way and crank had to flat sides machine to accommodate sprocket - this one is prone to wear and then throws out timing and eats into crank and timing plate and ultimately the oil pump casing.

No me know noting of these motors. I had a short list of 1100cc cars and this one became available.

while we are at it I do not see any Lambda sensor on the exhaust. Wonder how the EFI calculated the correct air/fuel ratio?

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.