XR600R second life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifua

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Bought XR600R for a buddy when I was in Dubai. Shipped over to him in 2008 and didn't think much of it since then. Decided, having first rode XR600R and regretted selling mine, I would buy another (or two). So I bought a 1996 model and apart from needing a good clean she is in great condition. Spoke to my buddy and asked how his XR is that I got for him and long story short, its been standing for months and months and after agreeing on price, I bought it as well. Its with Halfdaft so he can work his magic and bring her back to life. As you can imagine standing for long, these bikes carbs gunk up... progress is good, Halfdaft has her running and slowly she is beginning to take life and shape again. Ordered road kit and a trailtech computer for her as well as an ignition and key and they should be on their way over from US in next few days.....will fit after market exhaust when savings recover a bit. She is getting new bashplate, new tires front and back, new handle bars and had complete service on carb...best part of all is that when I picked her up I found out she is a 2000 model... I had forgotten.... the last year they were made. After that came the 650R water cooled and the 650L with electric start.

Some pics of the progress....

pics 1, 2.... under cover in garage waiting for new life
pic 4... being picked up and already starting to look like proud beast

Attachments

• IMG_3635.JPG
    IMG_3635.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3636.JPG
    IMG_3636.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_3634.JPG
    IMG_3634.JPG