Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KoŽs Rally again and a meeting with an old lady.  (Read 16844 times)

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
KoŽs Rally again and a meeting with an old lady.
« on: July 17, 2016, 10:47:28 pm »
This year have not been a great year for riding for me. January and Feb I spent more time in bed than out and the odd daytrip ended up with me in more pain as before and also me being scared of riding. Problem was my left leg could not take the weight of the bike whenever I stopped and thus I was scared of stopping and dropping the bike. :eek7:

Days spent in bed later on caused thoughts of maybe this is the year that I will be forced to stop riding. I somber thought in itself. I got talked into going to the EC bash and the trip there went well but I came back in a car with the bike on a trailer. Yes my bike broke down.  :biggrin:

As early as January I got a call from Weskus asking if we are going to do the KoŽs madness again and I said no. There is no way I will be able to do that distance on a bike with how my body felt. The sunday before the KoŽs Rally I went on a daytrip and felt so good when I got back I told management I felt so good I feel like doing the KoŽs thing. She said then you go!! :thumleft: I sent JJR a sms asking if his vacation forms were signed. His answer was "i am in"!! Needless to say the next day I could barely walk but I had committed and said nothing about it to JJR. He was busy sorting every out on his farm while we would be away.

Wednesday morning I was slow in starting. Had only about 400 kms to.

I made good time and did not stop anywhere but had to make a stop at VaalBaas's butchery. Coffee was made and sarmies eaten.
He had to show me the next batch of salamies. :drif:

Imagine being part of a business that's been going for 60 years!! :thumleft:
Thanks for the chat, coffee Vaalbaas and the sarmies Marloes.

I was early at JJR's place and looked around at all his toys. He was busy out cropspraying on some field that had to be done before we leave.
His bike was not packed and because his KTM was in it's natural inviroment, yes broken in a workshop the poor man had to take his 1150 ADV, shame!! :eek7: ;)
He has two of these giants. He says the one is his spare if the oldest one breaks down which is true because he has nothing that would pull his ten meter planter if it breaks down.

At least he has two proper tractors ;) :deal:Ok ok I am a green fan!! ;) :thumleft:

That evening was spent packing, eating and just chilling with his great family and dogs. The next morning we left with a bite in the air which stopped after Clanwilliam. At a stop on the way I mentioned we should stop in Van Rhynsdorp where Weskus and kie is getting together before they start their trip to KoŽs.
Jannie's 950 Super Enduro. Man this one sexy bike!! :drif:

Everyone getting to know each other :thumleft:

We said our "see you in KoŽs" goodbey's and hit the N7. We took it quite relaxed as we were only going as far as Vioolsdrift for that night.
Stopped a few times along the road for a bite and a chat. Mostly to chat. It's something we did well and it never dried up. :thumleft:

Late afternoon we arrived at Fiddlers Creek. No one in the campsite!!! Just the two of us and the owners.
Got the wood and drinks we wanted and we were sorted.

What followed was a lekke evening around the fire. It was clear although we have know each other a while but have only ridden together one daytrip that we would gel well on this trip. :thumleft:
Apparently that orange thing was spotted from outa space!! >:D

To be continued if and when I get a gap in front of this computer again ;)

MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Online Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
Re: KoŽs Rally again and a meeting with an old lady.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:53:50 pm »
Chris maak seker jy kan vlg jaar die weer ry.
Ek wil ook soontoe gaan.

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Online VaalBaas

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Sogenaamde Vleismeester
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 03:38:55 am »
Ten minste kan ek hier saam met jou ry Chris. Gaan die trippie geniet :thumleft:

Jip en jy is reg. Dit is inderdaad n voorreg. En om te dink. Ons het daardie borde nou amper 10j terug laat maak.
2006 Hp2 # 882 #1555 #1784 - 2008 R1200 GSA -  2009 R1200 S - 1998 R1200 C
My eertse foutjie KTM RC8
2003 Yamaha 350 Banshee SE   2006 Yamaha 200 Blaster SE   TW200 Project Bike

As ek nie gister gedoen wat ek gedoen het nie, het ek nie vandag geweet wat ek weet

Online Noneking

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 06:31:51 am »
Sub
2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline Tony the Boney

• Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Threw away the key and locked the door
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 07:23:51 am »
Ek is in....wag vir die "old lady"....dis nou iets!
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Offline lj111

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 07:31:38 am »
 :sip:
Sal ook self die Koes Rally wil maak :thumleft:
Some people feel the rain and others just get wet...

Offline DEE 1150

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 07:48:44 am »
Sub  :ricky:

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33į54.712 E018į28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 07:56:07 am »
subscribe  :sip:
Chris
Chris & Team 021 510 6455 S33į54.712 E018į28.208

MARINE DRIVE, into NEPTUNE street, 2nd left into SHROPSHIRE street, on the right hand side.
021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za sales@flyingbrick.co.za  support@flyingbrick.co.za
S33į54.712 E018į28.208

Offline zetman

• Grondpad Alie pad
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Plak n Palm...
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 08:05:59 am »
 :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:
Hou die Tyres op die Grondpad...

Offline weskus

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 09:12:31 am »
Kon self nie glo toe ek bel en vra of jy dit nog oorweeg en hoor jy is al weg, was lekker om jou daar te sien.. :thumleft:
Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides, KTM 1290 Superduke teerpad en Buff toe & Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline Offshore

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 09:20:38 am »
I am in.

Offline JC

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 09:55:06 am »
subscraaib  :thumleft:

Offline JJ259

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 11:27:09 am »
Dit klink sommer lekker,dankie Chris.
The only impossible journey is the one you never begin !!

Offline ButtSlider

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • DRESS TO SLIDE BEFORE YOU RIDE
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 12:09:37 pm »
Sub.
BMW 800 GSA  \\ Honda XL700V  \\  Honda Blackbird  \\

Offline Nimmo

• Let your regrets not be the things you did not do.
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 02:43:09 pm »
SUB  ;)
CT110,XT250,CX500,R100RS,ZZR400,DR650RS,XT350,K100RS,R1100RS,R1100S,K1200RS,XT350,R1100GS,F650GS,F800GS,XL200,TW200, HP2, KTM 990  :amazon:
Sunset Chalets 082 493 8814

NIMMOíS Ride Reports

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 03:16:14 pm »
I'm always pleased to see a RR from ChrisL. I know there'll be good photos and text, but I also know how well he brings across the atmosphere, the spirit of the trip.

Makes me want to do the long trips again. Thanks.

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 11:09:28 pm »
Friday morning we got up and did the coffething and started packing and talking and before we knew it it was 9:30!! :eek7: We still have to cross the border and get to KoŽs!!
We took the tar to Grunau and shortly after took the first dirt right.

Met this guy at the Nam border. He went and bought that Kombi shell all the way from Cape Town in Otjiwarongo. He said in two years time it would be showroom condition. Methinks he is a magician!!He has seventeen and no he does not sell them. Guess he waits until he is retire age ;)

I have always wanted to go and ride on that pan in the far distance. It seems someone in the foreground is trying to fill it!! :eek7: :imaposer:

Netjiese mannetjie die JJR kyk hoe was en droog hy sy wasgoed elke dag!!! :lol8:Daai ontie dwarrel behoorlik op full speed!!

At last the first bit of dirt.  :thumleft:It seems they had a bit of rain here.

This is part of the Karas mountains.

We turned off on the D611 north. I was stiff and could not bet off the bike. My rightfoot would just not get over the seat and then my leftleg just said no more and I fell like a bag of potatoes flat on my back. So my riding buddy asks " het jy geval of doen jy strek oefeninge"?!!!! :lol8:

Apparently it is not so difficult to buy property in Namibia, especially the sandy bits. They hand that out for free with title deeds!! :lol8: :deal: ;)

Had to add these two. Number two would make a great posters methinks. :thumleft:

Here they must have had some very late rain as some of the grass is still greenish. Not too far from the big town now. ;)

And then we saw a pan, some dust and then a town. The offroad race was still on.

We first went to the pan to see who was there and who not and then went to get some supplies in town. Nimmo and JC joined us. JJR bought a big bag of ice which he promptly lost 30 meters from the shop!! :lol8:

Some of the fellow WDs were already there at the campsite. Martin, Fiona, Heiner and Parkinoff. Martin from Walvisbaai with his sidecar. Ask him anything he had it in his sidecar. It was good to meet Martin and thank you for the bottomless koffiekan. :thumleft:

As always it was stunning sunset. :thumleft:

It was a night some would never forget and some would rather forget ;) We were entertained with tales of left hooks, headbutts and tattoed giants!!
At four in the morning JJR and I got up for a leak and Weskus pleaded to JJR,! Josef gooi asb my kop toe met iets maar net nie sand nie!
It seems the Riekie Louw that has kept him warm for part of the night has left him!! It was seriously cold and he must have had a long night. :eek7:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:28:41 am by ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS »
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline weskus

• Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 06:40:12 am »
Jissie, mens moet ook elke trip uit mens se pad gaan om iets te doen wat jul kan onthou😂 ek Sat ogg gevoel ek raak te oud vir die k@k..
Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides, KTM 1290 Superduke teerpad en Buff toe & Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline Mev Vis Arend

• Bike: Honda CRF-250L
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 07:15:23 am »
Ai, ai, dit lyk lekker.  Ons MOET dit nog doen. 
Honda XR250 - Given to daughter.  BMW 1200 GSA met Karretjie  -  Suzuki 125 Scoota with a KTM topbox - sold.  Honda CRF 250 L

Offline Skim

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 07:33:56 am »
Lekker Chris!!! - Moenie ophou nie!
Skim

BMW R 1200 GS Adventure.