Koës Rally again and a meeting with an old lady.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
This year have not been a great year for riding for me. January and Feb I spent more time in bed than out and the odd daytrip ended up with me in more pain as before and also me being scared of riding. Problem was my left leg could not take the weight of the bike whenever I stopped and thus I was scared of stopping and dropping the bike. :eek7:

Days spent in bed later on caused thoughts of maybe this is the year that I will be forced to stop riding. I somber thought in itself. I got talked into going to the EC bash and the trip there went well but I came back in a car with the bike on a trailer. Yes my bike broke down.  :biggrin:

As early as January I got a call from Weskus asking if we are going to do the Koës madness again and I said no. There is no way I will be able to do that distance on a bike with how my body felt. The sunday before the Koës Rally I went on a daytrip and felt so good when I got back I told management I felt so good I feel like doing the Koës thing. She said then you go!! :thumleft: I sent JJR a sms asking if his vacation forms were signed. His answer was "i am in"!! Needless to say the next day I could barely walk but I had committed and said nothing about it to JJR. He was busy sorting every out on his farm while we would be away.

Wednesday morning I was slow in starting. Had only about 400 kms to.

IMG_3675_zps08bj5jrb.jpg

I made good time and did not stop anywhere but had to make a stop at VaalBaas's butchery. Coffee was made and sarmies eaten.
He had to show me the next batch of salamies. :drif:

IMG_3676_zpsngy86ozk.jpg

Imagine being part of a business that's been going for 60 years!! :thumleft:
Thanks for the chat, coffee Vaalbaas and the sarmies Marloes.

IMG_3677_zpsdhyskuwv.jpg

I was early at JJR's place and looked around at all his toys. He was busy out cropspraying on some field that had to be done before we leave.
His bike was not packed and because his KTM was in it's natural inviroment, yes broken in a workshop the poor man had to take his 1150 ADV, shame!! :eek7: ;)
He has two of these giants. He says the one is his spare if the oldest one breaks down which is true because he has nothing that would pull his ten meter planter if it breaks down.

IMG_3678_zpsbudramcl.jpg

IMG_3679_zpsv8q8zsrf.jpg

At least he has two proper tractors ;) :deal:Ok ok I am a green fan!! ;) :thumleft:

IMG_3683_zpsusruqnhm.jpg

That evening was spent packing, eating and just chilling with his great family and dogs. The next morning we left with a bite in the air which stopped after Clanwilliam. At a stop on the way I mentioned we should stop in Van Rhynsdorp where Weskus and kie is getting together before they start their trip to Koës.
Jannie's 950 Super Enduro. Man this one sexy bike!! :drif:

IMG_3685_zpsd0yokfqc.jpg

Everyone getting to know each other :thumleft:

IMG_3687_zpsg3e5byc7.jpg

We said our "see you in Koës" goodbey's and hit the N7. We took it quite relaxed as we were only going as far as Vioolsdrift for that night.
Stopped a few times along the road for a bite and a chat. Mostly to chat. It's something we did well and it never dried up. :thumleft:

IMG_3689_zpssk4uho0u.jpg

Late afternoon we arrived at Fiddlers Creek. No one in the campsite!!! Just the two of us and the owners.
Got the wood and drinks we wanted and we were sorted.

IMG_3690_zpsvug0z0mh.jpg

What followed was a lekke evening around the fire. It was clear although we have know each other a while but have only ridden together one daytrip that we would gel well on this trip. :thumleft:
Apparently that orange thing was spotted from outa space!! >:D

IMG_3693_zpss5foicj5.jpg

To be continued if and when I get a gap in front of this computer again ;)